Dieu Du Ciel! Rosee Dhibiscus

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sinfathisar

Reaction score
Just returned from a trip to Canada where I drank travelled my way across much of the country. They have some great beers - one I particularly enjoyed was Dieu du Ciel! Rosee dHibiscus, and I want to have a crack at it myself.

Has anyone got any ideas about the quantity of hibiscus flowers that would be needed? And how to prepare them?

Sounds great!

It says it's a Wit, and the rose colour and associated fragrance comes from the hibiscus flower...

Going on other products which are thrown in witbiers (chamomile, citrus fruit zest, etc.) I would say for a first batch (25L) a small handful of dried flowers would do the trick, thrown in with 1 minute left in the boil.

To dry out the flowers, just put them in the over on a very low setting for 30 minutes, or just leave them in an warm aerated area for a few days.

You could always just do smaller 10L brews and experiment...

Good luck and let us know how it proceeds...

Has anyone got any ideas about the quantity of hibiscus flowers that would be needed? And how to prepare them?

PM Tony. I believe he bought some a while ago. dunno if he ever did anything with them or not :icon_cheers:

Just returned from a trip to Canada where I drank travelled my way across much of the country. They have some great beers - one I particularly enjoyed was Dieu du Ciel! Rosee dHibiscus, and I want to have a crack at it myself.

Have a search around for Ash's Hibiscus Blonde.
He details where he got his, how and how much he used them.

I like the Dieu du Ciel range, they make some good beers.

thanks for the responses one and all

if I dry my own hibiscus flowers should I just use the petals? or the stamen also for sweetness?

none of the info I have seen has specified either way (I don't want to buy the already dried and packaged stuff as I have lots of fresh available to me)

I would recommend to dry the entire flower...Probably wont make a grand difference in the end.

Latest posts

Back