Deciphering Snpa Clone?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

a_quintal

Reaction score
Hi was going to attempt this:

Grains:
.5 Crystal 20 L
.5 Carapils 6 L

Malt Extract:
6 lbs Pale LME
1 lb Light DME

Hops:
1 oz Perle 9% AA 60 min
1 oz Perle 20 min
.5 oz Cascade 5.4% AA 15 min
.5 oz Cascade 5 min
1 oz Cascade dry hop

Yeast:
Wyeast American Ale 1056.

og: 1.053
fg: 1.015

Found it on northernbrewer forum. Just wanted to ask for '.5 Crystal 20 L & .5 Carapils 6 L' is there an EBC equivalent for these measurements because im finding it hard to find 'L' information of home-brew websites. Also is '.5' half an ounce? Just 14g? Sorry if this is a silly question. Was getting lost on the net looking for answers.

a_q,

I'd say .5 = 1/2 pound of those steeping grains. and the "L" is lintner (measurement of diastatic power) HB guy sid you double it for EBC but it dosent appear to work with your low numbers.

or is the "L" for lovibond (SRM), now I'm confused...

daniel

I reckon it's 1/2 lb and L=Lovibond, 0.5oz is 14g. For the 1oz dry hops, does it say 0.5oz at flameout and 0.5oz into the ferm at day 6 or something?

I reckon it's 1/2 lb and L=Lovibond, 0.5oz is 14g. For the 1oz dry hops, does it say 0.5oz at flameout and 0.5oz into the ferm at day 6 or something?

nope just 1 oz dry hop. He doesn't go into detail so its up to you really. I was going to do it in secondary.

as grod5 was saying the original grain bill is difficult to align with the conversion. perhaps a mistake in the original recipe?

Latest posts

Back