Darwin event - One Mile Brewery talk at the Ski Club

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

welly2

Reaction score
Darwin's sole brewery, One Mile, is doing a talk tonight at the ski club at 5:30. Should be interesting and I guess you might get to try their beer if you haven't already.

This was good last night, met up with Mozza from here. Actually missed the (very short) talk by the brewers as it was part of the NT Science week and there were a bunch of other speakers but grabbed them afterwards and had a good old chat with them about brewing in the NT and the problems they've been facing as a small brewery up here. Mainly - cooling the wort (they use a bunch of plate chillers with a combination of water and glycol) and actually getting the beer into pubs, or at least on taps. Local venues seem to be open to the idea of stocking bottles though.

Pubs up here seem to be thinking that Darwinites only want to drink XXXX and Carlton Draught and so anything out of the ordinary they believe local punters won't give the time of day. However, from what I can see, some of the more popular bars and pubs around here do sell craft beers, albeit a limited selection, but you do see people ordering it and the places that do sell it, along with half decent food, are busy. Tastes up north are changing.

Damn im sorry i missed this, does the blokes at One Mile do any open days or tours when you can go to the brewery and meet and greet as such?

Latest posts

Back