Darkside Calling

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think you definitely need to keep the initial cube bittering light. I brew my IPA to be around 3% with 5gm of high AA hops like Stella per 750ml bottle and after a few weeks of storage yellow lupulin begins to precipitate and become noticeable on the inside of the bottles.

So you brew an 'IPA' with ~3% alc/vol? And you put hops into the bottle?

http://www.bjcp.org/2008styles/style14.php BJCP say a minimum of 5% Alc/vol for an English IPA and 5.5% Alc/vol for an American IPA.

I don't know what your beer stats are but it sounds like you are calling it an IPA because you think it is hoppy and what you think has lots of bittering units.

beer_clown.jpg

That's 150g of hop pellets into a batch of bottles. I'm surprised you are just getting a light dusting of lupulin and not the Smurf's favourite green slop from the Creepy Deepy Swamp.

That's 150g of hop pellets into a batch of bottles. I'm surprised you are just getting a light dusting of lupulin and not the Smurf's favourite green slop from the Creepy Deepy Swamp.

I am running some beer through a randal that has some home grown hops in it. Dammed things were a bit small and crispy so each beer poured is as if it has a teaspoon of chopped parsely in it. I keep hoping it will settle but it still pours with chunks. It is quite off putting, oh and it foams too much also. Green chunks in my beer is not good.

Latest posts

Back