Cyclone Debbie. Bring it on.

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So he's one of those milk sandwich eaters! I haven't been able to buy bread for days in Townsville because of people like him.

earle said:
Hopefully the low can now quickly pass into NSW so the danger can be passed.
Sorry, we're climatic separatists here. Your kind are NOT WELCOME.

8390562-3x2-700x467.png

All schools in SE QLD are shut today. There will be plenty of flooding for this entire region over the next 48 hours.

As pointed out in the Guardian comments, there will be absolutely no emergency notices issued in NSW until the system reaches Sydney.

Looks like Gympie is about to hit twice over. Stay safe you guys.

gallery_7015_1311_18435.gif

Cyclone 'Debbie'?
Sounds like she should get back in the kitchen and and bake some lamingtons for the CWA meet on Sunday.

Rue the day we get cyclone Zena appear and funk s#!t up.

To the Rain God Q'uq'umatz, thank you your deity-ness, any chance you could stop now? Thank you Sir.

BOM kyogle.jpg

Rain gauge not cutting it, it said "you have to be ******* joking".

So I put out an Aldi stockpot in the middle of the lawn first thing this morning.

7000 people about to be evacuated from Lismore. I can't get to Aldi Liquor section for my Rivet Lager. Bloody inconsiderate Rain Gods.

Bit of water in brew tank though BG?

Just picked up the wife from work in Lismore and we nearly couldn't get home (highway closed for a little while near Gonellabah).

just saw a picture of a lady in Murwullimbah standing outside her front door and only her head is visible, thank god they have two stories

water came up from about a foot inside to a meter in an hour period she said this afternoon and has kept rising

Yep a lady I work with owns a shop in downtown Lismore and she was understandably shitting bricks all morning. She left at midday to go and help staff shift product out in case the levee breaks. Looking very dicey, poor lady... I suspect she's been ordered out some time ago, hope she got the goods shifted in time.

Lushes lushes much needed water all doing damage more than anything.
Fanciful is a civilization capable of say building irrigation to avoid destruction and actually capturing this abundance rather than spending ridiculous budgets on things like desal plants who's water doesn't even get to our tap ????? :unsure:

Oh well. I like science fiction etc.

I gather from a news report and SEQWater site that a release from Wivenhoe may occur. She was 68% and now around 72%. A rough feel: that is still a lot of headroom? Maybe from 2011 they aim lower, or a longer prediction of weather patterns?

Latest posts

Back