Cyclone Debbie. Bring it on.

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Zorco said:
I gather from a news report and SEQWater site that a release from Wivenhoe may occur. She was 68% and now around 72%. A rough feel: that is still a lot of headroom? Maybe from 2011 they aim lower, or a longer prediction of weather patterns?
I don't get it. So its not good to have 100%?
Is it not capable to store 100%?

Stouter said:
Cyclone 'Debbie'?
Sounds like she should get back in the kitchen and and bake some lamingtons for the CWA meet on Sunday.

Rue the day we get cyclone Zena appear and funk s#!t up.
My mother in law is called Debbie. She can do and stir up some pretty serious shit mate. Would give any Zena a fair twat kick square, I would think.

Danscraftbeer said:
I don't get it. So its not good to have 100%?
Is it not capable to store 100%?
No, the Wivenhoe was built for flood mitigation so was never intended to become totally full.

Don't forget Debbie did Dallas. Who did Zena ever do?

Bribie G said:
No, the Wivenhoe was built for flood mitigation so was never intended to become totally full.
So 100% is over capacity to their calculations.
So they obviously need to recalibrate as well then. What is it with these people? :unsure:

Danscraftbeer said:
So 100% is over capacity to their calculations.
So they obviously need to recalibrate as well then. What is it with these people? :unsure:
Some serious recalibration needed here

Wivenhoe's max capacity is 225% nominal storage...

We got power back on about an hour ago after 3 days . Parts of Mackay are seriously fucked up , although nothing compared to those a bit north. An army chap told me today we had wind gusts a shade under 200kmph. Quite proud of our little fibro house.

eungaibitter1 said:
My mother in law is called Debbie. She can do and stir up some pretty serious shit mate. Would give any Zena a fair twat kick square, I would think.
A grandma called Gwenda..... one ill glance and you begin bleeding internally.

Please let there never be a cyclone Gwenda...

wereprawn said:
We got power back on about an hour ago after 3 days . Parts of Mackay are seriously fucked up , although nothing compared to those a bit north. An army chap told me today we had wind gusts a shade under 200kmph. Quite proud of our little fibro house.
How is the brewery holding up?

Lismore levee has been breached apparently.

Major flooding to ensue.

Take care everyone.

My Aldi stockpot did the job. That plus the rain gauge earlier, about 150 mm.

Aldi stockpot rain.jpg

Lismore last night after levee broke (photo: The Northern Slur)

lismore floods 1.jpg

Could knock out a stovetop MiniBIAB before breakfast with that fresh rainwater Bribie!

However in all seriousness, some folks are getting hammered in various ways, hope they're all safe, sound and the community mobilises to help them back on their feet.

Latest posts

Back