Cyclone Debbie. Bring it on.

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dave70

Le roi est mort..
Reaction score
Good for him.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B8ot8gD6kX8

I see he's an attention seeking flag flyer as well or maybe that's attached to a property over the road.

I bet his house has a quirky "look at me aren't I a quirky interesting guy that you should all admire for being so quirky and Straaaaaayan" name like "Weeona", "Dunromin" or " Paddy and Roxanne's Shack" or something.
"No Hawkers and No Preachers" sign on the door.
Ute with "**** off We're Full" sticker or "Far Qs all"
OK that's his inventory taken for him :lol:

It will be interesting to see how his house fares - looks well maintained so presumably it's been retrofitted.

Apparently he's a builder so house has probably been bomb-proofed. Might just be after some advertising for his business. (Builders tend to gets lots of business after a cyclone)

I feel for the residents of that section of Queensland. Poor Bastards, no one wants a cyclone of that magnitude to come through their place.

Old Bloke said:
I feel for the residents of that section of Queensland. Poor Bastards, no one wants a cyclone of that magnitude to come through their place.
Agreed, I lived just inland from Airlie Beach for over 10 years and saw a fair share of cyclones including a cat 3 direct hit. Nothing like this one though. Still have plenty of friends up there getting slammed right now. Even though I'm down in Toowoomba still have a feeling of apprehension. This one is bad not only due to the magnitude but also the fact that it is moving so slowly. A lot of nervous energy get used up waiting for it to arrive and then pass. Nothing you can do for all those hours except sit and listen to the enormous noise.

They should have tied the swivel eyed loon Senator Malcolm Roberts to a palm tree at Bowen harbour and said "that enough empirical evidence for you"?
Then leave him there overnight.

^^^ Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha

I would freaking love to see that!

Bribie G said:
I see he's an attention seeking flag flyer as well or maybe that's attached to a property over the road.

I bet his house has a quirky "look at me aren't I a quirky interesting guy that you should all admire for being so quirky and Straaaaaayan" name like "Weeona", "Dunromin" or " Paddy and Roxanne's Shack" or something.
"No Hawkers and No Preachers" sign on the door.
Ute with "**** off We're Full" sticker or "Far Qs all"
OK that's his inventory taken for him :lol:

It will be interesting to see how his house fares - looks well maintained so presumably it's been retrofitted.
Don't stress it. I've seen people behave similarly on forums as well. Come to think of it, on this one. Good on him for not jumping ship to NZ and encouraging his countrymen to do likewise!

Hope all in Debbie's path stay safe.

Dave70 said:
Roberts would still ******* double down and claim the storm was generated by giant fans made by NASA or something.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com.au/2016/11/08/dr-karl-will-debate-malcolm-roberts-on-climate-science/
True that. Its extremely frustrating that a debate/argument between a scientist and an idiot has to happen at all.
The real fact! that stands out to me is you cant win an argument with an idiot no matter how much evidence you present. That also applies to many of the population like supporters of such idiots. Facts be irrelevant to idiots they simple believe what they want to believe.

Back in the mid 1980s when I lived in Maryborough a cyclone came right over the top of us then swung away South. We followed it on the local ABC radio and my favourite announcement was "The cyclone has now crossed over into New South Wales, so the danger is past".

What's with our TV networks putting reporters out in cyclonic wind and torrential rain to report on the story?

I was watching the Today show briefly this morning before work and the young female reporter that was based in Bowen or Airlie Beach look really bloody scared.

If their crew get hurt, emergency service personnel will have to come to their rescue and put themselves in harms way in the process.

It's all well and good to keep people informed, but we don't need Kochie and Mel, or whoever the hell they are, standing out in 200+ kph winds and torrential rain to inform us that there's a ******* cyclone and it's really wet and windy.

Black Devil Dog said:
What's with our TV networks putting reporters out in cyclonic wind and torrential rain to report on the story?
Its called reporting.

I was watching the Today show briefly this morning before work and the young female reporter that was based in Bowen or Airlie Beach look really bloody scared.
Yep

If their crew get hurt, emergency service personnel will have to come to their rescue and put themselves in harms way in the process.
Yep

It's all well and good to keep people informed, but we don't need Kochie and Mel, or whoever the hell they are, standing out in 200+ kph winds and torrential rain to inform us that there's a ******* cyclone and it's really wet and windy.
Its exciting!. Don't think these reporters don't want to be the face in the face of excitement.!
The fact that they could get swept away by a freak wind or wave could be so ******* exciting and spectacular!

I don't even watch this shit but that's what it is...

Black Devil Dog said:

I was thinking the exact same thing as I watched a squinting female reporter explaining how violent the winds were whilst standing next what was apparently the now horizontal Tree Of Souls from Avatar.

but we don't need Kochie and Mel, or whoever the hell they are, standing out in 200+ kph winds

Actually, thats the only place I want to see Kochie and Mel.

It's great when a television reporter is outside in a storm telling the viewing audience to heed the advice of the emergency services to stay indoors.

Hopefully the low can now quickly pass into NSW so the danger can be passed.

Latest posts

Back