CUB launches new Crown Golden Ale

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Had one. I like it.
It has a sweetness kinda like an extract beer, a good extract beer.
Or like a brew with a high addition of crystal malts.
I am no good at telling what yeast is used, I can kinda pick out the hops though.
I like the bitterness level, and although there is no massive hit of the fruit that I like about galaxy, I can still tell it is there. It's rather pleasant.
I would happily drink more of these.
The only catch is ......it is around the same price per sixer or carton as most craft beers, and I would rather drink something that seems to have been made with more love !!....and lots more hops !!!!!
But thanks CUB, this works for me.

CF

ImageUploadedByAussie Home Brewer1404295388.609881.jpg

Yeah I'd rather support the microbreweries. When I'm not busy drinking my homebrew.
OT: I've had a Southwark Stout and recall it being a good beer.

Friend left a six pack for a job i did for him..finally got one out of the fridge.No aroma,very light in colour,hop flavour ????.very little lacing.there's better microbrew.

I had some over the weekend. Not great, but conversely not bad either. But for the price you can definitely get better!

I would like to give it a crack if I ever run out of my beer.

They run West End up to Alice Springs, had a few pints at the Bowls Club - definitely better than VB.

Out of interest I bought a six of Crown Regular a few days ago. Nice inoffensive lager with no cats piss or metallic twang.

I also had a regular Crownie over the weekend, is it just me or have they toned down the bitterness a little?

Yeah I tried it with a mate the other day after we had mashed in, my mate took a sip and said 'where's the flavour?'

I took a sip and said 'yeah, where the **** is the flavour??' it was like drinking soda water. They said there's Galaxy in there, must be homeopathic amounts as we just could not detect any.

also OT, yes, Southwark Old Stout is excellent. It rates 96/100 on Ratebeer which is very very good indeed.

FIL proudly handed me one at the beach on Saturday. quickly skulled my xxxx gold to make room for the golden ale.

good beer for the occasion, being fairly hot and all, and if given a choice between the two beers I know which one I reach for first.

FIL liked it too, so looks like I'll be having a few more of those when they drop around to our place. it's a pleasant change to the regular crownies he usually brings over when he feels he needs to 'reimburse' me for drinking my beer on tap.

i had one today, for half the stubbie all i was thinking was that it tastes like a crownie, towards the end after my brain had gotten over the CUB taste i started to taste a little golden ale style. i'd rather drink a quick cheap extract ale.

Flying down to Melbourne tonight. I saw the other day they have these in the lounge at the airport...after reading this thread I'm not sure whether to even try a free one. Not that there's a lot of other competition in the fridge there.

Kumamoto_Ken said:
Flying down to Melbourne tonight. I saw the other day they have these in the lounge at the airport...after reading this thread I'm not sure whether to even try a free one. Not that there's a lot of other competition in the fridge there.
Definitely try one for free. Then you wont feel ripped off like me!

sp0rk said:
5 enjoyment dots from Dazman. Would drink again and recommend to friend.

8 July 2014

rating.gif

Dazman

Perth, Australia

Enjoyment
ratingSecondary.gif

Value For Money
ratingSecondary.gif

I don't know how the reviews rate this beer so lowly, must be that only those who did not like it have taken the time to write a review. I bought this beer just recently having previously tried Crown Lager. I was pleasantly surprised and to me this beer was enjoying to drink. Will definitely purchase more.

I would recommend this to a friend!

maybe Dazman has only recently discovered that beer itself is inherently enjoyable to drink.

So like, whats better? Dots, stars or green ticks?

Latest posts

Back