Csa - Tastes Great, Looks Like Cats Piss

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Steve

On the back bloody porch!
Reaction score
Last night 'er in doors brought home a 6 pack of Coopers Sparkling Ale for me much to my amazement. So during the course of the evening im alternating between my brews and these CSA's. By the end of the night and after using different glasses ive come to the conclusion that CSA tastes great but looks like cats piss in a glass. A pale brown, cloudy, glass of very boring liquid. No nice little bubbles floating up inside the glass, no head WHATSOEVER. Basically looked like swamp water. Got to the stage that I even poured the rest of the glass out on the lawn in disgust. Anyway just wanted a rant.

Cheers
Steve

Close your eyes next time, or drink it out of the stubbie....

:)

not normally like that - maybe a bad/old batch. Normally its very lively in the glass and head is no issue. I dont get the chunky bits - but I always pour my coopers bright.

Usually a quite attractive beer - but I suppose its a matter pf personal opinion

It looks brilliantly clear when you decant it off the yeast.

I've found this stuff varies a lot from batch to batch.
The last couple of tallies I've had have been very bright, overcarbed with good head retention.
I pour my tallies into a jug before the glass.

Actually, now that I think about it, I'll put the blame on transit.

Last night 'er in doors brought home a 6 pack of Coopers Sparkling Ale for me much to my amazement. So during the course of the evening im alternating between my brews and these CSA's. By the end of the night and after using different glasses ive come to the conclusion that CSA tastes great but looks like cats piss in a glass. A pale brown, cloudy, glass of very boring liquid. No nice little bubbles floating up inside the glass, no head WHATSOEVER. Basically looked like swamp water. Got to the stage that I even poured the rest of the glass out on the lawn in disgust. Anyway just wanted a rant.

Cheers
Steve

Never had the pleasure of seeing a glass of cat piss....who could be bothered holding a cat over a glass :rolleyes:

Back OT, i think the csa must have been disturbed, whenever I have had it I pour it off the yeast and it has always been fine.

?

ch1.jpg

I've found this stuff varies a lot from batch to batch.
The last couple of tallies I've had have been very bright, overcarbed with good head retention.
I pour my tallies into a jug before the glass.

I pour my coopers king browns into three consecutive half-pints. First one bright, second one hazy, third one yeasty. Best of all worlds.

this beer travels soo, poorly. At its bestr brilliant, at its worst crappy. IMO

That cat must have a hell of an infection.
Having a bright CSA is like having a crystal weizen. Nice but not as god intended. The floaties add to the flavour.

That cat must have a hell of an infection.
Having a bright CSA is like having a crystal weizen. Nice but not as god intended. The floaties add to the flavour.

Yeah the floaties add to the flavour - they add nasty yeastiness to the flavour. If god intended us to drink those dregs... he wouldn't have made them sink conveniently to the bottom.

I don't mind a cloudy beer - but if it has cleared up by itself and you have to interfere with it to make it cloudy again - thats just spitting in the face of gravity.

Roll my Coopers bottle and the barman/barwoman can take it back and give me one they haven't messed with - all they have to do is ask first dammit.

Latest posts

Back