Cricketer's Indian Pale Ale Clone

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

storeboughtcheeseburgers

Reaction score
My brother gave me this beer to try and its pretty damn nice. Think its American. Anyone tried it or tried cloning it?

It reads on the back 'Made in the Style of New World Indian Pale Ales' uses dry hopping and 2 specialty malts to provide a smooth bodied taste.

Very delicious I must say - I'm thinking caramunich is one of them and its a tad on the biscuity side.

Made by Independent Brewers (CUB) just out of Melbourne. Was quite enjoyable first up but lost its hop flavour rather quickly over 2 weeks...........

Horses for courses I guess. I was very disappointed with the hop flavour of this. Maybe it was an old 6 pack.

Haven't tried the IPA but their lager pops up in a few venues around Melbourne. A bit of a nothing beer really.Okay if the alternatives are your standard macro lagers.
They were bought by Independent Distillers (Asahi) last year. As far as I can tell it was a "craft" brand that was built up with that in mind.
That shouldn't necessarily affect the quality of the beer of course. It was previously contract brewed by Mildura Brewery not sure if that is still the case since the take over.

Of course none of that is very helpful with regards to cloning the IPA...

Latest posts

Back