Cricket

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

thedragon

Off topic...
Reaction score
Anyone else watching the ODI between Australia and England in Brisbane tonight?

What a massive performance be James Faulkner! 69 runs off 47 balls. 20-odd off the last 7 balls.

Brilliant performance. We were no chance of being competitive until Faulkner came in: he's gotta be man of the match.

No affiliation, just a happy viewer.

Cracker of a game, and I don't even follow cricket normally...

Anyone else watching the ODI between Australia and England in Brisbane tonight?

What a massive performance be James Faulkner! 69 runs off 47 balls. 20-odd off the last 7 balls.

Brilliant performance. We were no chance of being competitive until Faulkner came in: he's gotta be man of the match.

No affiliation, just a happy viewer.
fraid the purists like me can't do OD let alone 20/20.

close your eyes and swing aint cricket to me.... :(

Swear YES!

Great to see one day bring some entertainment.

I will watch a test, for 5 days.. and love it... Bigbash is exactly that so has no strategy...

A 50 over game still has some strategy about it.

Grats to James Faulkner - great game of cricket.

Go US!

For me, in descending order it's test, ODI, local u-17 limited overs, t20. But to be fair, t20 is better than baseball.

While the match tonight lacked the strategy that you'd see n a test (well at least it did when warner, finch, marsh and clarke collectively went out for < 100 runs), it was 100% entertainment.

Still, great to watch!!

It reminds me of when I walked in to my parents room and they didn't know I was there....

Anyway, in my mind - 50 over cricket just got me back!!

Just read that Watto is all but scratched from the first test against the saffas. So who gets in, Henriques, Doolan or Hughes?

Watto is on his usual overseas holiday.He breaks down all the time, me thinks he just likes a free ticket and a good seat to watch the game.
He is now officially scratched from 1st test and in doubt for the other tests so don't stuff about with him send him home on the next plane, he's useless at the best of times and isn't worth keeping in the side anyway!

His track record with injury is appalling.

Sounds as though Alex Doolan will get the nod and bat at three, though Boof Lehman is a fan of having the extra seamer in the team. He may leave Lyon out and bring in a paceman, James Pattinson perhaps?

Me too, although I haven't seen a lot of him in recent times. Been a Phil Hughes supporter since he first came through but he is essentially an opener and those spots seem seen up for now.

Just saw test bowler rankings. Mitchell Johnson moves up from ninth to fourth after his heroics at Centurion. Even more impressive is his return over the course of his last six tests. He's taken 49 scalps at an average of 13.

Josh said:
Henriques at 6 or 7. Doolan at 3.

Although I'm concerned they sent Marsh over.
He had an Australian coach for a dad, a bowling machine in his back yard, and showed plenty of talent when young, I really thought he'd have a career similar to Clarke/Ponting. I was wrong, but good to see him have a pretty handy highlight here.

eungaibitter1 said:
Just saw test bowler rankings. Mitchell Johnson moves up from ninth to fourth after his heroics at Centurion. Even more impressive is his return over the course of his last six tests. He's taken 49 scalps at an average of 13.
I wouldn't be surprised if no bowler has had a better return from 6 matches in a row, not to mention against quality opposition as underdogs.

It's very obvious our last 6 matches would be very different if they'd decided not to pick him.

No doubt about it. I think Darren Lehman and Craig McDermott have done a good job. In the past he was either too erratic and had little control or he'd amble in a bit slower and was easily put away. I'll admit I was one of the knockers and said he was over rated. Not anymore.

While smith and haddin are still in, we're in with a chance.

Well lets just hope they are making Johnson a little bit cranky right now.

listening to the grandstand streaming while browsing through AHB....ahhh CRAP

Latest posts

Back