Cricket

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
During one of the recent one dayers in Australia, my missus was at work and I was on dad duty. Served up pizza for the kids, and since we were doing so well in the cricket, I decided to introduce the kids to the wonderful song "C'mon Aussie C'mon" (albeit, the Shannon Noll version). The 2yo loved it so much, we had to listen to it five times in a row. Fast forward to last Friday night, dad duty again with pizza on the menu again. Put the young fellas plate in front of him, and he pointed at the stereo and said, "c'mon nozzy dada!". I guess he now associates pizza with cricket.... Geez he's gonna be confused when the NRL starts.....
And then watching the highlights this morning, he starts singing "c'mon nozzy, c'mon nozzy". When I join in, He stops, looks at me and says, "that's my song dada".

Guess I'm doing something right.

Full respect to the Saffers for digging their heals in.

Kyle Abbot: 2 runs off 63 balls and still blocking away!

This is why resting bowlers is a bad idea. Even when they are tired and injured the best will find another cog.

Fantastic result for the Aussies. Great effort from the whole team - including Watson, though it hurts to say it. I reckon boof might've found the best position for watto.
Respect to the SAFers also - there was some impressive defensive batting on day 5. I like the Aussies' aggressive style of play-to-win, but there's been a few times in the last 2+ years where we just needed to not go out & they couldn't - generally going out to loose shots that a defensive player would never make. Time and place dependant, obviously. Maybe the Aussies could learn a thing or 2 from the SAF batting performance last night.
Congrats to boof & the Aussies. Amazing all round performance against the world number 1.

Aaron1.0 said:
This is why resting bowlers is a bad idea. Even when they are tired and injured the best will find another cog.
Couldn't agree more. The old saying about batsmen spending time in the middle must also apply to bowlers. Match fitness is another term for it.

Does this make Australia number 1 now?

It's great to be back where we belong, on top of the rankings.

And the little old kiwis have moved up to #6.

Back