Crankandstein Mill Drive

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

enoch

Reaction score
Just a quick pic of the new drive for my crankandstein. An electrical engineer's dodgy solution to a mechanical problem....
It has been cobbled together from a dead cordless drill head, some Selleys Kneadit, a pasta machine drive plus some wood and screws.
The pasta machine drive does about 60rpm so is slower than using the drill but pulls grain through a treat.
A video is at .

img162.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
:super: Brilliant Enoch. That is ingenuity at its finest !

Warren -

:lol: Very nice, 10 points for cannabilising 2 different pieces of equipment, 10 points for good result, and I'm going to award 50 bonus points for the inclusion of some selleys knead it :lol:

When I was little we had a farm and dad could fix anything with mastic plastic - I think kneadit is the modern equivalent.
If only there was a slogan contest - "Kneadit - gaffer for grown ups...."

When I was little we had a farm and dad could fix anything with mastic plastic - I think kneadit is the modern equivalent.
If only there was a slogan contest - "Kneadit - gaffer for grown ups...."

That is absolutely great enoch. :super: You have got me thinking along similar lines.

TP :beer:

Finally ran the pasta machine / knead it / old drill chuck / crankandstein mill drive on 11 kg of malt on Xmas eve.
Slow compared to the drill I was using but just kept chugging away and gave a great crush (65% wheat malt and it lautered OK).
Youtube video (for the sleepless) is

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back