Crankandstein Base And Hopper

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

brenjak

Reaction score
I am going to buy a crankandstein mill from the States. With the way the AUSD is at the moment now is the time. Does anyone know if the hopper and base are available in Australia? Because of the size it is about USD $70 to Oz. Please dont tell me to make one...i am seriously defficient in that department, tool and skill wise!

Prost!

Please dont tell me to make one...i am seriously defficient in that department, tool and skill wise!

Im qutie the same but ive been thinking it gives me an excuse to buy a few tools and wrangle out some skills from year 10 woodwork classes! :lol: Not to mention i will need a drill for the mill anyway! The only issue i have is storage space for said tools, mill and grain once its all purchased. In an almost full micro shed (which is around 3 square m) i highly doubt its going to happen anytime soon. The joys of living in the inner city. :rolleyes:

I have a shipping container for a shed! No council approval required and actually cheaper. That is where the brewery will be. All the good HB sh*t is in the states. If it wasnt for beerbelly and a few of the sponsors it would all be jerry built. And i aint Jerry!

They sure do. Mine was an old mine office and has a side pedestrian door. For brewing i just open the main doors and it will all be set up on one side closest to the doors. Water run-off goes straight onto the grass or garden and there is a tap nearby. The only thing i have to do is run a long extension cord to the container and i have outdoor power points.

Back