Craftbrewer Fwk

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

j1gsaw

Certified Pisswreck
Reaction score
To those who havent tried the range of crafties FWKs i strongly suggest you do, they are bloody fantastic, i cant fault them one bit. I have sampled almost the entire range and they are heavenly :icon_drool2: . Do yourself a favour and order one...or 5. Highly reccomended :icon_cheers: No affil. Just a happy customer.

Too bloody expensive! I would expect them to be reasonably :p good. Ross knows a little bit about brewing.

well if your local and a kit or extract brewer then I dont think its expensive. If you dont buy in bulk you will be looking at $40 for a kit or extract to make a decent beer, so I think a extra few $ to get a professionally brewed beer is not bad a carton of caronas will set you back about $50-60 and the beer you will get will crap all over it plus you get over double the amount lol

well if your local and a kit or extract brewer then I dont think its expensive. If you dont buy in bulk you will be looking at $40 for a kit or extract to make a decent beer, so I think a extra few $ to get a professionally brewed beer is not bad a carton of caronas will set you back about $50-60 and the beer you will get will crap all over it plus you get over double the amount lol

Am not local to CB, am not a k&k brewer, have no interest in Corona. Hence Enjoy :icon_cheers:
If you are an inexperienced k&k brewer, how does this stuff make you a better beer? does it come with a tempmate?

To be honest, I have a lot going on atm and I simply cant be bothered putting down a brew from scratch. Made their black IPA recently, just poured it in and added yeast. Tastes incredible. Easily the best beer that I've "made".

and? bland article.

edit, it was most interesting, Ross has lost more hair than the last pics I seen. :bored shitless sleeping icon: insert

Not sure what you were expecting, a thread came up about something that just happened to be posted elsewhere at the same time so I provided a link, simple. I was under no illusions that by posting that it was gunna set the world on fire.
Might make the phone ring a few extra times at craftbrewer over the next week.

Would never expect too much, but shit the bloke who wrote it.......... went from nowhere to dryhopping to gently priming to describing the taste of hops as an English Village...... what a dickhead.

Aussie Home Brewer
We're hopping mad

Aussie Home Fermenter
We add yeast

The Schwarz is a good beer as is the Bo Pils, actually the Bo Pils is one of the nicest beers that's been on tap at mine :icon_chickcheers:

Would never expect too much, but shit the bloke who wrote it.......... went from nowhere to dryhopping to gently priming to describing the taste of hops as an English Village...... what a dickhead.

He's an active member here (Shed101) and he does know a thing or 3 about beer and brewing. A true wordsmith as well... and an enjoyable article!

Cheers

He's an active member here (Shed101) and he does know a thing or 3 about beer and brewing. A true wordsmith as well... and an enjoyable article!

Cheers

I enjoyed the article, especially when he detailed his earlier brewing problems.

Currently brewing a fresh wort kit for the wife from Brewers Choice but going to try one from Craft Brewer next.

Top article IMO. And better grammar than you Haysie :rolleyes: And Ross hasn't lost any more hair! :icon_cheers:

Cheers,

InCider.

I picked up a FWK from Ross last week, amongst some other stuff. I've been needing a new cube for a while now and have had bad experiences with the blue willow cubes at Bunnings ($21 at the moment) not holding a seal, so decided to see how much Ross's were. $17.50... Not bad for a cube that is just about guaranteed to seal.

I've also had to put brewing on hold for a bit while due to time constraints, so stocks are beginning to run low. Also waiting on my mill to arrive and i'm too cheap to spring for a pre-crushed recipe. So I picked up a FWK of the Belgian Ale @1057og ($46.55 as a BABBs member) and used some yeast I already had.

So $46.55 - $17.50 = $29.05 for the wort itself. That's pretty bloody good in my opinion.

Put it this way... if I walked into Ross's today and ordered enough grain to make 20L of 1057 wort and a pack of hops I'd be over that mark easily. Quick estimate about $35. So in consumables only for someone that doesn't buy in bulk (I only started looking at bulk buying in the last couple of months) that is extremely good value.

No, a brewer it won't necessarily make you, but it will get you cheap high quality beer, where you can learn about fermentation... just the same way a K&K brewer does.

From now on, if I need a new cube, I'll be getting a FWK... cause the value is outstanding.

Yup Shed is a competent brewer and highly competent drinker :icon_drunk:

Top article IMO. And better grammar than you Haysie :rolleyes: And Ross hasn't lost any more hair! :icon_cheers:

Cheers,

InCider.

He definitely has the same amount of hair, it's just slipped a wee bit :rolleyes:

I tried the Bo Pils and it was great! I wanted to get a taste for what these style of beers should be like.

I will be buying more with time restraints coming up. Totally recommended. :icon_cheers:

Put it this way... if I walked into Ross's today and ordered enough grain to make 20L of 1057 wort and a pack of hops I'd be over that mark easily. Quick estimate about $35. So in consumables only for someone that doesn't buy in bulk (I only started looking at bulk buying in the last couple of months) that is extremely good value.

I agree. I've only just put down my first brews for the year. Till now I have been busy doing flood repairs so I have been buying fwk's from Craftbrewer all year. I buy in bulk and my average brew costs about $32 (including $5 for LPG) and thats using dry yeast. I put a brew down yesterday and seriously questioned whether I want to do this anymore (heresy I know). Its a lot of stuffing about for a very little.

I think I will only brew stuff I can't order, for example yesterday I did a Lager with 100% Nelson Sav. Not exactly "correct" but to my taste lovely.

Cheers

KOS

Latest posts

Back