Craftbrewer Filters

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

houso

Reaction score
Hi Guys,
Has anyone used the Craftmaster filters or something similar.Do they clear the beer straight away,just wanted to check before i buy.
Cheers

beer.jpg

they strip the yeast etc. out in 1 pass

chill haze is another thing tho

edit - i don't use mine all the time, but if I have a beer that I want to show off to non-beer people, a pass through Ross's filter and it looks a treat. Usually I can't be bothered and just drink it anyway.

I highly recommend it. In conjunction with polyclar it gives a fantastic result. The addition of polyclar to the beer will remove any chill haze and give you a perfectly crystal clear sparkling beer.

I highly recommend it. In conjunction with polyclar it gives a fantastic result. The addition of polyclar to the beer will remove any chill haze and give you a perfectly crystal clear sparkling beer.

What is polyclar??

What is polyclar??

It's a Radio Active Isotope which clarifies beer beautifully, but you glow in the dark after drinking it. :D

Not Really !!!!

Just tiny polymer beads which attract protiens etc and aid filtration.

Polyclar is a plastic powder that removes chill haze from your beers & improves the shelf life of your beer.
Full description HERE

cheers Ross

.....and it works a treat! All my brews now have a good dose of polyclar to brighten things up.

.....and it works a treat! All my brews now have a good dose of polyclar to brighten things up.

can polyclar it go in an empty keg, then fill up the keg with beer, then leave for 2 months (or whatever) and drink straight from the keg? Or will the proteins etc still be affecting the beer?

I don't CC (can't be arsed and don't have room in my keg fridge). Instead, I chill for 3 days (about 5*) in primary fermenter after ferm has finished, then keg the beer and wack it in the fridge until ready to serve.

can polyclar it go in an empty keg, then fill up the keg with beer, then leave for 2 months (or whatever) and drink straight from the keg? Or will the proteins etc still be affecting the beer?

I don't CC (can't be arsed and don't have room in my keg fridge). Instead, I chill for 3 days (about 5*) in primary fermenter after ferm has finished, then keg the beer and wack it in the fridge until ready to serve.

You would need to rack it off first, otherwise you'd be likely to suck some up with your diptube which would be a bit gritty in the mouth ;)

cheers Ross

You would need to rack it off first, otherwise you'd be likely to suck some up with your diptube which would be a bit gritty in the mouth ;)

cheers Ross

and some heart burn <_<

Latest posts

Back