Craftbrewer Cube Worts - Fermentation Schedule

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tomdavis

Reaction score
Hi guys,

I have just taken delivery of an IPA wort kit from Craftbrewer (Thanks Ross!) and I was just wondering if anyone who has used them before can give me some guidance on fermentation times?

I am planning on primary for 7 days @18c, then secondary for 7@18c, dry hopping in secondary. Then bulk priming and bottle conditioning for a month or so. I will obv go with my hydrometer readings, but was just interested to hear others experiences.

I think they smell fantastic coming out of the cube, so I am not sure if I will be able to wait the month, but hey, we'll see! :icon_drunk:

I have one going as we speak yeast pitched 1st April looks like it is done just resting now still in primary.

Cannot really give you a timescale too many variables like the OG, yeast type, temperature variations etc. but your timings look reasonable. One thing I would recommend is racking to secondary while the ferment is still going all being well slowly so that you get a CO2 blanket above the brew unless you have a way to purge the air from your secondary. See this other thread be aware

The dangers of airborne bacterias sneaking in.

I'm bottling one today. Schedule was no different to any other beer - ferment out, leave at ferment temps for a few days after FG hits, cold condition, bottle.

I've conditioned this one a bit less than I normally would but only because I've nearly run out of beer.

Having visited Bacchus Brewing, their schedule there is to ferment under airlock for 10 days in the 19 room, then wheel the fermenters round into the cold room (around 2 I believe) and leave it for a further 10 days, then pump it out to the bottling / kegging setup. AFAIK all the beers on tap at the sampling area are produced that way, Ross may be able to enlighten. When I get my 60L fermenter and associated plumbing I'm going to set up my new kegerator as a micro-Bacchus as this system obviously works well.

Hmm. Thanks for the tips guys.

Tropical Brews, I am using the no-name English Ale yeast recommended by Ross for it, and the OG was 1.058.

That infection from a screwed secondary looks pretty nasty :eek: , so I think I may stick to primary only for this one. Seems to be that modern day thinking is moving away from racking to secondary, with more people staying in primary.

I am thinking I will go with 10 days primary, depending on Hydro readings, and then chill down the fermenter for another week or so, then bulk-prime with some DME and bottle.

Carlos,

10 days primary should be heaps, i'd expect it to be finished in 5 to 7 days. If you are dry hopping (recommended) add the hops at day 7 & then crash chill on 10 day (assuming ferment has finished). 7 days crash chilled & then bottled will be perfect.

cheers Ross

Carlos,

10 days primary should be heaps, i'd expect it to be finished in 5 to 7 days. If you are dry hopping (recommended) add the hops at day 7 & then crash chill on 10 day (assuming ferment has finished). 7 days crash chilled & then bottled will be perfect.

cheers Ross

Excellent... consider it done Ross.

I am really looking forward to this one, as I have been out of the brewing loop for a while, and now I have newly installed electricity in the shed I can get back in to it again.

Now to get my Cooler mash-tun finished and I can order some grain from you!

Ive got 2 of the "Rock & Timber" FWK from Ross fermenting, looking forward to sampling it!

Back