Couple Of Questions

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DWC

Reaction score
Is napisan used as just a soaker, or, is it a sanitizer as well (just rinse and brew?)
Want to put down a Boages copy kit on the weekend using saflager yeast. Is 1 packet enough
to pitch at around 15deg or do I need a starter? If so how much?

Thanks

Dave

Is napisan used as just a soaker, or, is it a sanitizer as well (just rinse and brew?)
Want to put down a Boages copy kit on the weekend using saflager yeast. Is 1 packet enough
to pitch at around 15deg or do I need a starter? If so how much?

Thanks

Dave
Evening DWC. I use napisan purely for cleaning my kegs, I sanitise with Idophor. You will get away with 1 packet of yeast, but two would be preferable at that temp. :D

i thought napisan wasnt good for stainless steel :unsure:

My understanding is napisan is fine, its bleech you don't want near stainless steel as it will corrode it!

M

My understanding is napisan is fine, its bleech you don't want near stainless steel as it will corrode it!

M

I reckon napisan is fine on pretty much everything but the post mix kegs are made out of aluminium so it wouldn't matter anyway.

I reckon napisan is fine on pretty much everything but the post mix kegs are made out of aluminium so it wouldn't matter anyway.

What sort are yours? All the ones I've seen are stainless steel.

Thanks for the replys. How much napisan do you put in your keg or fermenter?
1 cap, 2 or more?
Also anybody use Starsan from Craftbrewer?

Dave

I just put a couple of litres of water and a tablespoon of Napisan in the keg. Close it up and give a shake, leave for a couple of days, shake occasionally. Rinse out with water and put in 1 litre of sanitiser (I use phos acid 2ml per litre) close up and shake, pressurise a little with a squirt of gas and push in the poppets on the beer and gas posts to allow sanitiser to flow through them. Store the keg away until needed.

Latest posts

Back