Couple Of Kits, What To Do With Them...

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

0M39A

Reaction score
G'day everyone,

My gf's parents decided that for christmas, knowing that I'm a pretty avid brewer, that they would get me a couple of cans of beer mix.

Problem being that I'm an extract brewer and never use the things :p

They are:
Brewcraft Munich Lager
Blackrock New Zealand Lager

Anyone got any ideas what to do with them?

I was thinking use the blackrock one, and do a little boil of 1kg of light dried malt, few litres of water and some hallertau or saaz hops for 20min or so, and ferment it with s-23 yeast and top up with a bit of dextrose for some alcohol (thinking of keeping it pretty light in body).

Have all these things around already.

Anybody else used either of these kits? If so, are they any good or what? I assume both come with ale yeasts, not real lager ones.

Will be my first attempt at a lager, only just recently got a fermenting fridge and fridgemate, so should be a bit of fun.

No idea what ill do with the munich lager yet.

cheers

When i was back doing Kits, I did the Munich almost exactly as you described! The munich has a very low bitterness so it could do with some extra hopping! I didnt lager it, i pitched with some ale yeast(US05) as i had no where to lager it. turn out ok, low yeast profile. temp was a little high but still drinkable.

Back