Could this be the end of Mcdonalds?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I dont think we will see the end of Macca's in the near future

They are to big and convenient for Joe Public

They are slowly changing the menu's to a more healthy style in-line with public demand

Personally I avoid going there, just dont see the value, but in saying that, when you have spent 4hrs in a car with winging kids and you just want to pull in and get something quick they do the job

They are like Bunnings & masturbation.....no one ever admits it

My ex sometimes drops the kids off early...with a Maccas bag.....fckn shits me

Whats worse is the kids dont even eat it anymore...so I dont know why she does it

I have not taken my kids to Macca's for about 5yrs

22 years for me. Don't miss that shit at all.

Black Devil Dog said:
I lied about that. When travelling overseas, Mcdonalds is a great public toilet.
Yup a lot cheaper than paying 1euro for a pisser. When the poor lady asked me to pay after visiting one i told her to clean the toilet better next time :p

I confess! I indulge on the odd McDonalds crap posing positive values etc. They do some incredible stuff like crispy Jalapeno's in a chicken burger. Those Jalapenoes are so crispy its freaky. Freaky because of the list of undefinable ingredients that come with it. Sterilization requirements of mass supplied food.
I'll take my own grown ferment/pickled Jalapeno's that are just as crispy with proactive gut value. It is easier on your gut than artificial sterilized fast food.

Basically saying McDonalds in desperation and lack of choice while traveling?

Macca's is no way a staple for me, but I'll happily pull over ever couple of months for a couple of Cheese Burgers or Big Macs by themselves. No shame in that. I feel sorry for the Kids though, who think that is normal, because that is all they have been fed. Seen it in more than a few circumstances and is quite sad. So die McDonalds, I've got your Big Mac sauce recipe saved on my hard drive anyway.

Handy for long trips but that's about it for us. Though even now there are other options

no maccas where i live and efn glad, live by the sea and wish someone would open a good fish n chips shop though

I don't mind maccas. I reckon it gets a bad wrap. It is fast food, a guilty indulgence for me. If you eat it all the time it will probably kill you, but so will too much beer.

Maccas in America is shit tier food, hardly anyone buys it anymore
Maccas in Australia is leagues ahead of anything overseas, any "new fresh" ideas they come up with (McCafe, Build your own burger, etc) are tested here first because our market is just the right size to test something on a big scale, but it's not too big to be a huge capitol loss if it fails
It may die in the states, but it's going great guns here, I know a few franchisees and they say they're making a mint right now
That said I don't eat the shit, I'm trying to shift my gut, not make it bigger

McDonald's Australia has posted 10 consecutive months of profit and McDonald's US has seen 3 years of falling profit; but US McD. is only 40% of their global business.
So, no, not the end of the business but perhaps the end of a few executive careers

Latest posts

Back