corny to sanke keg conversion

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AntonW

Reaction score
My mate runs a sanke kegerator and I want to hook my corny keg up to his kegerator for good times.

I want to put some of the fittings in the picture on one of my corny kegs. It seems much easier to hook a sanke keg up to a corny kegerator - but that's not what I'm trying to do.

Photo0092.jpg

I've seen them in two sizes - these are the big ones.

It seems that I most likely need a 5/8" male to 9/16-18 female reducer bushing, and/or a 5/8" male to 19/32 – 18 female reducer bushing. I have a mixture of corny and firestone/spartanburg kegs. Heavens knows where I'd get such a thing off the shelf though.

Does anyone know how to do this or where to get the fittings?

Cheers!

ok, so this would not be a cheap thing to do....

http://www.andale.com.au/snaplok-adaptor-1932-post-mix-keg-converter

these are $50 each. The pin line valves are also about $50 each, and then I'd need to connect the snaplok adaptor to the pin line valve. This doesn't seem so sensible really. Surely there's another way to do this.

So far it seems that the cheapest simplest option would be to buy a new sanke keg and spear from kegking, but i'd love to hear otherwise because the thought of lugging 50kg kegs around is somewhat daunting for a little guy like me.

could you buy a series of John Guest fitting (in-line joiners) to put in line in your mates fridge and have a short section of hose on the top of your keg (using your keg fittings to connect in in place of his?
(just thinking... I am still reading up in preparation for getting into kegs myself...)

Hey Pirate,

Not so keen on cutting the lines otherwise that would be a great idea.

Cheers.

Latest posts

Back