Corny keg foaming

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CoxR

Reaction score
I have pulled out a keg I have not used in a long while and every pull is foam. When I fill the line with clear beer by pulling the handle and then release I can see the beer running back to the keg . I thought it was the tap but when I do the same and fill the line I disconnected the liquid out post and the beer in the line does not move. I am still not ruling out the tap but it is the only tap I have and did not have this problem a week ago with a different keg.
The only thing I have done since then was to run 1 liter of cleaner though the line and tap, then 1 liter of clean water through it.
Everyone who has ever kegged knows the joy and frustration that comes with it.
Right know it is the later for me. I was going to order 2 new taps today from Full Pint to start my keezer but work got in the way of that.
Cheers

I forgot to add NO it is not over carbonated.

How quickly does the beer appear to run back into the keg?
Is it that quick you can watch it happen?

Yes I can see it, and it bubbles back to the keg

Any ideas? I could try to transfer the beer to another keg but if there is something else I can try first that would be good

I had this problem once. Mine was caused by a bad seal on the ball lock post.

As in the poppet wasn't reseating properly ?

I think I have this issue at the moment

At the time I replaced the post with another. It may be a seating problem I had, or maybe a seal/o ring problem.
I cant be sure because I never had a close look at the post, I had a spare on hand.

The way i figured out it was the post was by moving the black fitting around (it was kinda loose), foamy beer seeped from around the fitting.
I put it down to being a cheap aftermarket fitting.

Latest posts

Back