+ beer tastes better.ticinglese said:Makes life much easier and you can easily fill a growler etc to take to a party etc.
- takes up less room than bottles
- waaaaaay quicker than bottles
- easier to increase/decrease cabonation if you still choose to secondary ferment in them, or just force carb.
- can get beer gas and a guinness tap if you want to go that route as an alternative dispense to co2
- great for long term conditioning of lagers compared to plastic fermentors
- prob loads of other reasons i forgot
Finally if your set up is cheap like you say, you can always sell it again without loss if you are not happy.