cornelius keg setup opinions

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

falcon250

Reaction score
G'day all, I'm currently considering buying a relatively cheap cornelius keg setup because I'm over bottling, has anyone one had experience with this setup? Any help and opinions always greatly appreciated!

Cheers!

Makes life much easier and you can easily fill a growler etc to take to a party etc.
- takes up less room than bottles
- waaaaaay quicker than bottles
- easier to increase/decrease cabonation if you still choose to secondary ferment in them, or just force carb.
- can get beer gas and a guinness tap if you want to go that route as an alternative dispense to co2
- great for long term conditioning of lagers compared to plastic fermentors
- prob loads of other reasons i forgot

Finally if your set up is cheap like you say, you can always sell it again without loss if you are not happy.

ticinglese said:
Makes life much easier and you can easily fill a growler etc to take to a party etc.
- takes up less room than bottles
- waaaaaay quicker than bottles
- easier to increase/decrease cabonation if you still choose to secondary ferment in them, or just force carb.
- can get beer gas and a guinness tap if you want to go that route as an alternative dispense to co2
- great for long term conditioning of lagers compared to plastic fermentors
- prob loads of other reasons i forgot

Finally if your set up is cheap like you say, you can always sell it again without loss if you are not happy.
+ beer tastes better.

Back