Coopers Sparkling

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nathanR

Reaction score
I have just got a coopers sparkling kit and was wonedring if you need to put in the malt in a tin or can you replace it with 1kg of light dry malt

I was thinking of putting 1 kg of dry malt and 1kg of dex would this work or will it tase bad ?

or is it better to do it buy the directions of the can

I have just got a coopers sparkling kit and was wonedring if you need to put in the malt in a tin or can you replace it with 1kg of light dry malt

I was thinking of putting 1 kg of dry malt and 1kg of dex would this work or will it tase bad ?

You don't have to use Coopers light malt tin as on the can but I would use more dry light malt than dextrose.

Can recommends 1.5kg Coopers light malt extract, 500g dry light malt and 300g dextrose.

If you don't what to follow this I would suggest 1.5kg Dry light malt and 500g dextrose.

The Can is also the basis of the Kit version of Dr Smurto's Golden Ale if you want to get adventurous.

cheers

Ian

You can use DME (dried malt extract).
The amounts differ slightly - you need a touch more Liquid than you do dry to get the same gravity. The exact difference is around 20% I think, but I can't remember.

I made this and it has been in the bottle for about 6 weeks, I went by the can recipe.
what I find is it is a little sweet and not bitter enough to match the original CSA.
But over all I like it alot and would probably make it again at some point.

in the bottle for about 6 weeks, I went by the can recipe.
what I find is it is a little sweet and not bitter enough to match the original CSA.

I found that as well, but tastes completly different again (not so sweet) in the keg
has anyone else experienced this.
cheers benno

You don't have to use Coopers light malt tin as on the can but I would use more dry light malt than dextrose.

Can recommends 1.5kg Coopers light malt extract, 500g dry light malt and 300g dextrose.

If you don't what to follow this I would suggest 1.5kg Dry light malt and 500g dextrose.

The Can is also the basis of the Kit version of Dr Smurto's Golden Ale if you want to get adventurous.

cheers

Ian

I 2nd that, the golden ale is a popular beer at my place i recommend making it if you are into this style of beer, it is one of my favourites.

I was trying to be a tight ass and not buy a tin but if I have to use 1.5kg of dry it will work out the same cost as a tin

might have to try the golden ale after this one and see if i like it

i made it with 1.5kg light malt extract, 500g dry light malt and 300g dextrose and came out awesome!!!

6.5% and messes me up after a longneck of it!

I made this on the weekend (Saturday evening) but when making it I realized that I did not have any dextrose

I put in

1 can of coopers sparking
1 can of malt extract
about 600 grams of dry light malt

og 1055 @ 22 deg

should I be adding the dextrose later (tonight Monday) or just leave it to fement away ?

if so how do I add it to the brew ?

leave it see what you think of it, it's certainly going to be high enough in the alcohol side of things.

Not sure I would bother.
The dex will add more alcohol not taste.
though your OG is fairly high as is you should end up at about 5.5% according to the Kit spreadsheet I got from this forum.

I will leave it as is and see how it turns out then

dont want to be drinking high alc beer in summer heat and this might turn out just right for summer arvo drinks

Back