Coopers Malt

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Stocking up so your drinking beer that has had a few months to condition is a good strategy. I try to brew at least three months ahead, this often works well as lagers a best brewed in winter (as I don't have a ferment fridge) and drunk in summer. I currently have Belgian Dubbel fermenting and from what I have read it will need about 6 months to hit it straps, just in time for the colder weather next year.

Stocking up so your drinking beer that has had a few months to condition is a good strategy. I try to brew at least three months ahead, this often works well as lagers a best brewed in winter (as I don't have a ferment fridge) and drunk in summer. I currently have Belgian Dubbel fermenting and from what I have read it will need about 6 months to hit it straps, just in time for the colder weather next year.

I have just recently gotten back into brewing myself and have been very keen/impatient to taste my new beer too! I reckon by the time the bottles mature properly I'll be lucky to have more than a handful left :(

I've been brewing every 2 weeks (I don't drink 10ish litres of beer a week) to get ahead of the demand too.

A man can NEVER have too much beer!!!! It really doesn't cost that much to make and besides, once I have a good stock I can cut down in production or just keep brewing flat out and make some friends!!!
I've been thinking about this, fasty. What are you planing on doing once the weather gets hot? Controlling the temp on eight fermenters (or even, say, four when you can afford to wind production back) is going to be pretty hard. Best to start thinking about it now if you haven't already. You'll need a good plan, IMO.

if the temps get up to 30 or more degrees then the beer will ferment faster , meaning less fermenters at a time are neccasary this is a win win innit.

I've been thinking about this, fasty. What are you planing on doing once the weather gets hot? Controlling the temp on eight fermenters (or even, say, four when you can afford to wind production back) is going to be pretty hard. Best to start thinking about it now if you haven't already. You'll need a good plan, IMO.

He could turn the spa bath into a giant ice cooled bath.

Don't have a spa bath Boagsy :( I do have a really good air conditioner and I do run it ALOT in summer. I kinda like the cold so I ALWAYS have the house very cool, I will just leave the door to my brewery open so it stays cool, like the rest of the house will be.

By the way I do drink about half a carton every night and yes I am 120 kilos because of it!!

Actually more worried about this statement: "I don't have any real friends".

That's sad. I hope you were just taking the piss in which case its all good, otherwise you might have a deeper issue to brewing/drinking all that beer. I just worry about people on the Leaving Las Vegas diet.

NO, it's true. I have work friends but all the friends I used to have either tried to f#@k my missus or ripped me off when I ran my own workshop. So I am pretty carefull as to who I call my "friend". I DON'T drink out of pity for myself, I just don't seem to meet people that want to hanf out with me, which sux!!! I could REALLY do with some help on my speedboat that I am rebuilding, IT set the world record for the fastest boat on the water in the 70's, I also have a Nissan NX coupe that I need to rebuild the had on, geez I could really do with some good mates, just don't seem to find the time to meet any. I only moved up to the Gold Coast 5 years ago and all my workmates seem to have thier own lives and are not interested in coming over for a few beers and some work on my projects. Maybe I am just am arsehole who no one wants to hang out with (maybe I'm drunk and crying in my home brew now) MUST be good home brew LOL!!!

I thought what I said was pretty sad, but I do have a sense of humour NO doubt about that!!

It is sad, but I was looking at the positives. :)

I don't have any answers about your situation. i live on the other side in the wait awhile state where nothing every happens and probably never will. But I understand your point about not getting time. I don't really add to my circle of friends these days, just try to maintain the ones I have. I have a new born son so there's potential there I guess, but I also work away so all i want to do when I get home is stay home.

Don't know much about Gold Coast. Only been there once and I thought it was concrete jungle meets plastic fantastic. Do you dive? I found diving to be a good avenue to meet people, but takes time and a bit of money to get started.

Of course, you could also head along to brew meets and comps. Potential to meet like minded people there. Might even find a helper for your car.

I LOVE diving, I have my dive license but have no dive gear. I also just want to relax after a hard days work fixing taxi's. Might look into going to brew meets and comps. Anyone out there need a new mate on the Gold Coast? I love it here, you just ignore the plastic people.

you just ignore the plastic people.
You know what? I just might have to start doing that.

meh.ro5289.jpg

Well played, sir. Doesn't happen often.

Give it a crack mate. No harm in trying.

Still friendless except for the chance to meet goldy this weekend:(

Well that's better than nothing. 1 is bigger than 0.

Back