Coopers Lager Kit

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BrewerDave

Reaction score
My first brew ever is in the fermenter! A Coopers Lager kit with Coopers Brew Enhancer 1. I hope nothing goes wrong :eek:, I'm worried I didnt clean it enough (I guess such worries are normal on your first brew).

Here's to hoping it tastes alright B) .

Here's to hoping it tastes alright B) .
[/quote]

Congratulations.
Now keep your temps down and be patient.

There's plenty of good advice to be found around here.

Grant

Hi,

I've brewed that one before - I called it blonde bitch, she sat around 16-20 degrees and was well drinkable after 6 weeks in the bottle. Just make sure your bottles are clean - a few from my last batch were filthy and I only noticed once I saw bubbles collecting on the scum - and you should be fine.

This was my first Coopers kit several years ago, done up pretty much as per the instructions. Turned out surprisingly well. :)

I brew this one fairly regularly. Seems to be very reliable and consistently good. Have had a few problems with the wort frothing out through the airlock in early fermentation though. Doesn't seem to make a difference, just a mess. I used the recommended brewing sugar, I think it's the #1. Next time I'm considering putting some light malt, corn syrup, and saaz hops in as well. Cheers! :)

Yep , my first can as well comes with the kit . Still got 5 bottles left from my first brew some 6mnths ago.. They keep getting better ..Bring out on special occasions now.. Nice clean drop very underrated brew.. Will definetly do agian . but as ive got the bug , there are so many beers so little time .......

Got two starter kits so have two Coopers larger tins. New2brew suggested:

boil the larger kit with your fermentables and about 3l of water for 30 minutes on a rolling boil (not too high as to burn the malt) and add 15g of saaz hops.
after the 30 minutes, turn off and add another 5g of the saaz hops, cool and put in the fermenter.
Pitch yeast at correct temp and away you go. The saaz with smoothe out the coopers kit a treat.

So I got some Saaz hop pellots and a kilo of light dry malt and thinking of doing both tins as above with the kilo of no1 sugar that came with the kits (dextrose and some maltodextrin), plus 500g of dry malt.

Then thinking of cooling one fermenter down to 22 deg and pitching US-05 yeast
The other down to 14 deg and pitching Saflager S-23 yeast

Want to see how they turn out with the different yeast eh

Is this a good plan?????

Ps hope Im not hyjacking here

I too have a can of this sitting around like one o clock half struck...

Would be interested to hear any other recipes which would enhance it...

Latest posts

Back