Coopers Coopers Beer Sales Soar, Sold 58.781 Million Litres In 2009&#3

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Makes the 400 odd Litres I brewed last year like a needle in a very big haystack! Thats a lotta beer!

58million litres!!!
Australia has the population of what, 22 million? That's more that 2L each a year, and considering something like a quarter is underage, and Coopers isn't as big as the "big two" beer companies in this country, that's quite a big figure!

Though Coopers does export, and does get good coverage overseas.

Also malt extract sales have increased by 20% as well as a lift in HB kit sales. I would imagine that Coopers supply malt extract to the other kit 'assemblers' such as Farmland and Morgans so this would indicate a solid lift in Home Brewing activity.

Also malt extract sales have increased by 20% as well as a lift in HB kit sales. I would imagine that Coopers supply malt extract to the other kit 'assemblers' such as Farmland and Morgans so this would indicate a solid lift in Home Brewing activity.

As well as selling malt extract overseas (US, UK).

I could buy Coopers Pale Ale in Osaka, Japan for a while. Costco, the American bulk sales warehouse used to stock it. Just before I left Japan, Coopers Pale ale was unobtainable :angry: . I was in Japan for 10 years :(
Now I am home, who cares?
I am about to launch into my own AG as soon as I can get my gear together, I will need lots of help

How is that NSW growth figure! That must have the big boys trembling, or at least steaming.

Woo Hoo, I helped them reach that total.
Latey when I run out of homebrew the Pale Ale and Sparkling have all I've been drinking.

Most of that is ale too. We're sticking it to those pooncy little lager boys!

Good on you Coopers. They may not brew the best beer in Australia but at least you can get it and enjoy it. Better them staying independent than being owned than a mega-brew co lile Lion Nathan

Latest posts

Back