Cool Music Site

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kramer

Reaction score
www.pandora.com Awesome! Just type in some of your favourite bands and it not only plays your bands but a heap of other music that is close to the same style! It even has wolfmother on it!

Brauluver,

What music released in recent times is not 'derivative'?

All modern music is derived from traditional 'roots' styles adapted to modern tastes.

What Wolfmother are doing now is nothing different from what Led Zeppelin and The Stones et al did with the blues.

How many modern artists sample old blues and roots tunes?? Moby, Hilltop Hoods etc etc etc.

Nearly all modern music has references to the past.

my two bits.

cheers

mud

some music is more derivative than others. wolfmother is one.
not that they are bad but there is no doubting who there influences are.

Warning ranting and nonsense to follow please skip ahead.......

While were debating the merits of wolfmother I'll add my two bobs worth, I'am semi indifferent and unbias as I neither like them or dislike them :blink: .
I wouldn't call wolfmother bubble gum rock all though the serious over exposure and over hype they have gotten is leading them to the same main stream (bubble gum) audience that killed Jet for most people when they tried to do it.
Bubble gum rock to me is more that aussie idol idiot, punk rock wiggle Lee harding and that stupid band simple plan and so forth. There's nothing bubble gum about wolfmothers music, thats like putting Rose tattoo in the same catergory as john paul young back in the day.
Unlike Woldmother's inspirations like sabbath and zeppelin (with some deep purple organ sounds thrown in) and what not which are forever set in stone and timeless Wolfmother will be forgoten soon.

On one more note wolfmother clearly take there stuff from 30 years ago but don't forget zeppelin took there stuff from robert johnson and so forth from way back well before the word 'Rock'. So saying they suck simply because of this type of thing doesn't line up, they are either good or they suck irrelavant of where the music originally comes from.

In all a pretty cool band but the over exposure and hype is not gunna do any favours for them except for there bank accounts getting big of one or maybe even two albums. I don't see a hell of a lot of potential in the end but its a record company dream money machine for the time being. I'll be happy to be proved wrong for their sake.

Making huge money off your first album is not rock :excl: . Rock is having to live of one slice of bread every two days and sell drugs to make money. :eek:

Sorry I'am just rambling, did someone say beer?
Jayse

Latest posts

Back