Converted Fire Extinguisher

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
In saying that, please be aware of the difference between tapered and parallel threads.

I learnt the hard way... loud bang, reg popping off the end of the male nipple... , no injuries thankfully. <_<

If you're patient and keep checking you will find one on grays online or ebay for well under $100. When I got mine I just had a saved search on ebay which sent me an update every day with newly listed items having "extinguisher" in the title. Took about three weeks for one to come up from a private seller, then I used jbidwatcher to snipe it in the last 15 seconds of the auction. Cost me $50, full, never used and in test date for about 6 years. When I empty it, if I can't get it filled cheaply and easily I'll just do that again. All mine needed to connect to a reg was a 3/8" male to male adapter which I got in the air tools section of bunnings for less than $5. You have to use it upside down but I reckon that's easier than waiting until it's empty, pulling out the diptube and then hoping your filler won't pick it up. certainly cheaper than paying $260 for a MKOL cylinder.
Yep, thats basically what I'm doing. My mate and I have been keeping our eyes peeled and basically picking up extinguishers for the price of a gas refill or less. When you can get them that cheap its easy enough to just toss them out when you run out!

There was also a load of 16 of them which came up that I promised to buy and distribute amongst the members here It only went for $300, but we don't talk about how we missed out on that one...
Oh, LC! I'd almost forgotten about that lot you dumbass! :p

In saying that, please be aware of the difference between tapered and parallel threads.

I learnt the hard way... loud bang, reg popping off the end of the male nipple... , no injuries thankfully. <_<

x2, well, my mate did anyway.

Neither are esky's used as mash tuns, computer fans made into stir plates, chest freezers used as keg fridges, fridges ran at fermenting temperatures and the list goes on.

Batz

hmmm, I believe I used that argument regarding another piece of equipment, and got shot down in flames...you also forgot curtains :p

Back