Continuing Rant Thread - Get it Off Ya Chest here

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Carlton Dry Ads..
"'you walk into your local and there's three identical beers on tap, Carlton Dry, Draught and Cold, dont overthink it! drink our beer stupid!"

My two were actually dressed as Calvin and Hobbes, Calvin complete with sling shot made for him by me. We tried testing it out on the neighbors cat but he was a bit too quick.
NtXI5og.jpg

And as for black face yep! There was cultural appropriation everywhere! Funny though, it's as these kids love the characters not sure why it needs to be a race thing!
Exactly, but that is the world we now live in. Kids learning that it is inappropriate to accurately dress as their hero because they are a different race. And they wonder where racism stems from.

I'd love to know how to ad photos to a post which are said to be too large.
I use an iPad as a computer and camera but am not keen on using any apps.

Image too ******* large.

I'd love to know how to ad photos to a post which are said to be too large.
I use an iPad as a computer and camera but am not keen on using any apps.

Image too ******* large.
Adjust image size/file. You need editing software. I've been doing it for years now and so many,, some are useless. standard or supplied software (with your camera etc) always has limitations. Actually you need a PC and a decent screen and keyboard. I couldn't live of a phone I'd go nuts. I'm using the Canon software for my DSLR. The batch process has the image size adjustment.
I get away with 1000 pixel for the longest side. I think that is over. 640X420 is the common.

You could email it to yourself windows will ask you if you want to reduce the size when sending.

Edit
tried it on iPad. Before you actually send it you will see an image size on the right hand side on the same line as the cc line. Press it and you get the option to resize.

Then save attachment from the inbox and open forum and attach.

Last edited:
Adjust image size/file. You need editing software. I've been doing it for years now and so many,, some are useless. standard or supplied software (with your camera etc) always has limitations. Actually you need a PC and a decent screen and keyboard. I couldn't live of a phone I'd go nuts. I'm using the Canon software for my DSLR. The batch process has the image size adjustment.
I get away with 1000 pixel for the longest side. I think that is over. 640X420 is the common.
Thanks it worked
image.jpg

Idiot drivers pulling caravans, trailers etc, or just daydreaming and doing 10 or 20 kph under the limit, and refusing to use the left hand lane on the M1. Do the dickheads of cops ever book these clowns for failing to keep left unless overtaking? No. They'd rather radar gun some poor sucker doing a few kph over the arbitrary speed limit. (By the way, I drive my speed using a GPS speedo, so I cannot even remember the last time I was booked for anything).

And it's those idiots you mention Warra that on country roads cause some to make incorrect decisions due to frustrations with often fatal consequences. All that's ask is look in your rear vision mirror and pull to the side to let others pass.

The world, oops, The roads are full of idiots. Before I get racially profiled I barely made it through Springvale today so many people cant drive! and nobody gives a shit about it either. Past the point of caring everyone is just all over the place. Traffic jams on every street! it was quite bizarre so instead of achiving my goals of finding some Maize for brewing experiments I barely escaped the place with some courteous civilized people among the road ferrels!

There are some good ones, those that keep to the left when required, those that don't allow and don't leave a trail of vehicles stuck behind them, those that keep to the speed limit, those that indicate its ok to pass. Ha, when you come across one - record it in "Ripleys Believe It Or Not" thread.

There are bad drivers everywhere and some caravanners are often oblivious to other road users, but motorcyclists and truckies are easily the most dangerous road users of all.

Former caravan driver hater, now caravan owner. It's been 3 years since I last abused a grey nomad. Well maybe the odd one here and there.

I try and maintain the speed limit or above. Always stay left were applicable. Use the slow vehicle lane if safe to do so. Hell, I even pull over if there's a line behind me through hilly sections. There's a reason for my politeness when towing a van. It's cus I'm on fuckin holidays and got no worries in the world. Hurry on past me, sheep. Run about your business. That coronary's probably just over the next rise.

But there's a new menace on the road and I've ranted about them a few times. It's the old prick who drives with his nose slightly elevated off the horizontal plane, who coasts at 10km under the limit and buries the pedal when he gets to the overtaking lane. Those pricks bring out the trip nazi in me that makes the kids shrink back in their seats and the wife scold me for my colourful expletives. Deep breath, relax, on holidays, on holidays.

The world, oops, The roads are full of idiots. Before I get racially profiled I barely made it through Springvale today so many people cant drive! and nobody gives a shit about it either. Past the point of caring everyone is just all over the place. Traffic jams on every street! it was quite bizarre so instead of achiving my goals of finding some Maize for brewing experiments I barely escaped the place with some courteous civilized people among the road ferrels!
Springvale through to Glen Waverley is a high alert area, I don't know how they get their licence nevermind about how they can decipher the road signs when most don't even speak English.

Motorcyclists often weave dangerously in and out of traffic, very often within centimetres of other vehicles and also ride at insane speeds around town and on open roads.

A lot of truckies have a bullying attitude to other road users. They seem to have a 'might is right' mentality and drive far too close behind other road users. The consequences of a truck driver tailgating and not being able to stop to prevent an accident are seen far too often.

They also eat all the pies.

Denigrated. **** yeah.

Cardinal sin.

I remember in the younger days cycling up Falls Creek on a cold bleary day. When I got to the top I was famished, there was One single pie at the Café. I says to shopkeep "you're a lifesaver, can I please buy that pie?" .. And she say's "sorry it's been pre-purchased by someone else". Ye Gods!! That was a soul destroyer.
I tumbled back down the mountain pelted by sleet and trying not to be killed by rich wanker Aldi and Mercedes drivers heading back to Melbourne after a skiing weekend.
Moral to the story, a pie should never be "presold".. That's a real kick in the guts.

Latest posts

Back