Continuing Rant Thread - Get it Off Ya Chest here

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Trouble with carp as a foodstuff is an image one for sure. Its always going to be a tough sell..

Charlie-CarpOrganic-Fertiliser-1L.gif

Yeah, but mix it with Kale puree' Chia, Wheatgrass and bio-dynamic water it and you would sell shit loads to the inner city trendies and hipsters

Yeah, but mix it with Kale puree' Chia, Wheatgrass and bio-dynamic water it and you would sell shit loads to the inner city trendies and hipsters

I'm thinking of starting a thistle and blackberry sanctuary and could use that idea to help fund it.

Or maybe the proceeds from my 'adopt a cane toad' scheme

Apparently its the histamines released when you skull drag the fish up the bank and let it flop around that are responsible for the muddy taste. The trick is to get them into an ice slurry ASAP.
Not much you can do about the bones, and I hate bony fish. So I never bothered pursuing it.

I will say another fish that get a bad wrap seems to be Australian salmon for being to stongly flavored. Back when I actually had time on weekends, I can recall seeing blokes who were targeting stuff like Taylor throwing them back when fishing on the beach. Personally I never had a problem with them. Fine if fresh and bled early. With a handful of spices and some bread crumbs they make a great fishcake.
Trouble with carp as a foodstuff is an image one for sure. Its always going to be a tough sell..

Charlie-CarpOrganic-Fertiliser-1L.gif

That's a no from me thanks Dave. Bled quickly and eaten fresh they're still not to my tastes. I remember enjoying salmon I'd caught as a youngster when the old man cut them in chunks and deep fried them in batter but I reckon that could make trout taste good too... I've heard smoking them is one of the best ways to enjoy them but for me, I'll happily enjoy the fight they give (especially on light gear) and then let them go. Which I'll hopefully be doing this weekend as I try out my new surf outfit.

Down in the Murray I recall jumping into a shallow billabong one day and whacking a few Carp on the head with a shovel... Didn't need a bow for that.

Latest I heard they were releasing a herpes virus to sort them out.

Rabbits got immune to Myxo after a while so I don't know how the herpes will go on the Carp.

Well that's just bloody lovely. How many times have humans screwed things up thinking they were being smart.
Imagine the headlines:

Herpes outbreak hits local town after Carp culling experiment. :doofus:

Put up a humpy and negative gear it. Malc and will call you an Innovative investor'

How awesome is it that australian cricketers are wanting more tax payer money and the people they have to convince are those on tax payer money haha..

The least you could have done was crop your thumb / penis out of the photo.

To old bangers of roughly the same vintage there, one thrashed, one not.

To old bangers of roughly the same vintage there, one thrashed, one not.

Yeah mine is just about rooted ( this is a technical term that only a few would understand ). Its had a lot of K's under under its bonnet

Its getting an Austin Healey 1200 transplant built by this man to specs in this article http://russellengineering.com.au/project-68mm-part-3/

And a full body off resto

I will be broke for a bit, but is will be worth it

******* ducks, mocking me and my Bunnings plastic bird of prey hawk I strung up over the pool, not even the vacuum chugging away underneath puts them off.
Every day, mountains of shit in the pool and on the pavers. Now, I wont be luring them with seed and sniping them like Chris Kyle from behind the curtains, like the Indian minors, so any non lethal solutions to move them on my neighbors much nicer pools would be appreciated.

20170804_081006_zpssiqozuzn.jpg

Are they there only am or all day?
1) your birds too low, can you get it up a bit (pole to push the string up like the old cloths lines)
2) attach something to the string so any wind will make it move
3) squirt them with a hose at a bit of pressure (doesn't hurt them) as they don't like that a will piss off and not return if done a few times.

4) if all else fails sit outside with them and get pissed, the alcohol should promote love for them.

Latest posts

Back