Continuing Rant Thread - Get it Off Ya Chest here

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Brake fluid will dissolve automotive paint. Can be carried in what looks like an ordinary water bottle.

....Just sayin'.

A closed fist will shatter teeth. Can be carried at the end of your arm and looks just like a ordinary hand.

...Just sayin.

Dave70 said:
A closed fist will shatter teeth. Can be carried at the end of your arm and looks just like a ordinary hand.

...Just sayin.
But the spineless pieces of shit are in a car driving away.
They think they are immune to the consequences, believe me I would like to issue them with a sidewinder.
I'm not keyboard warrior, I have form for it ;)

Registering bikes will sort the whole issue out.
Maybe only $10-$20 per annum.
Cyclists who break the law will be able to have traffic photos or people to record their rego number.
It will stop idiot drivers complaining about you not being on a registered vehicle.
It will also be a large kick in for the state government to work on the roads and also be a contribution to the TAC.

Seems fair to me, I would register all of my family's bikes.
BTW, I am not a Lycra cyclist, just a sensible person.

350,000 bikes were sold in Victoria last year, Vic roads can't even organize part payment of rego and you think they'd cope with 350,000 new rego's a year. It'd cost billions to administer and I for one won't be paying rego on my three year old sons bike. There are dick heads on bikes, there are dick heads in cars, there are dick heads in trucks, there are dick heads on public transport. They are everywhere but for some reason people fixate on the ones on bikes. I don't get it.

Bloody dickheads...there even in politics

abbott-dick.jpg

There is no fixation on people on bikes.
It's just an issue that comes up all to often.
I hear the 'your not a registered road user' thing all too often.
I just think if it was even attempted at being policed it could only be a good thing.

And before anyone says' I already pay rego on my car'....like my brother says ( he's s cyclist ) , it is another vehicle, so registering it would make sense.

Anyway, ride faster or stop taking up a whole lane !

I pay rego for:
my two boats (neither go on the road)
my boat trailer
my motorbike
my camper trailer
my car
my wifes car.

Another $20 wouldn't bother me too much.
Do people believe that rego pays for the roads? It doesn't. Income tax, rates and fuel duty do.

It would be worth it to hear the same people whining about having to pay rego for their inbred piglets to ride to school on their stolen bmx's.

mje1980 said:
Only if you walk on the road next to cars going much faster
Which only about 90something %

Apparently the figures are slightly different after a few beer

There is a guy at work who owns and rarely drives a balls as **** 2 door 1969 HK Monaro worth who knows how many thousands (Ducati Stu you'd know the car). Anyway he prefers to ride his road bike to work and back, and to cafes and pubs on weekends.

FAIL!!!

BadSeed said:
I pay rego for:
my two boats (neither go on the road)
my boat trailer
my motorbike
my camper trailer
my car
my wifes car.

Another $20 wouldn't bother me too much.
Do people believe that rego pays for the roads? It doesn't. Income tax, rates and fuel duty do.

It would be worth it to hear the same people whining about having to pay rego for their inbred piglets to ride to school on their stolen bmx's.
It doesn't matter where they drive, sail or whatever.
I just think registering bicycles would hopefully cease the whole stupid argument.

Anyway.

newguy said:
Brake fluid will dissolve automotive paint. Can be carried in what looks like an ordinary water bottle.

....Just sayin'.
An old Postie trick used to sort out nasty dogs ( ie, the fuckwits in the car) is as follows.
Take an old clutch cable,on one end attach an old style metal curtain ring,this is what you wrap your little finger around.
Insert the clutch cable into the handle bars of the bike.
You are now armed ( sshhh) against fuckwits,a quick flick will take off a mirror and **** the paint work,another quick flick gets rid of the hypothetical leveller.
Fucked if I know officer ! :)

spog said:
An old Postie trick used to sort out nasty dogs ( ie, the fuckwits in the car) is as follows.
Take an old clutch cable,on one end attach an old style metal curtain ring,this is what you wrap your little finger around.
Insert the clutch cable into the handle bars of the bike.
You are now armed ( sshhh) against fuckwits,a quick flick will take off a mirror and **** the paint work,another quick flick gets rid of the hypothetical leveller.
Fucked if I know officer ! :)
Why can't we just shoot them in the face?
Problem solved.

Latest posts

Back