Continuing Rant Thread - Get it Off Ya Chest here

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hell hath no fury like a biker scorned.
http://youtu.be/UpjZNUWNaww

I wanna see how that continued. Did he just grab his bike and rode off as if nothing happened?

Registering bikes = another way for authorities to take money and regulate another aspect of our lives while practically solving or changing absolutely **** all.

Had this argument with my mum recently after she car doored a cyclist (totally her fault), got upset that he was upset, then crapped on about bike rego because somehow magically that would solve the situation or prevent it ever happening again. Bike rego is a big fuckin' straw man and if anyone thinks the aggro nufties who tried to bully badseed would act differently if bikes cost rego dollars to ride, then they need a hippocampus transplant.

Whatever guys.
Not all drivers are aggro.

Seems a large majority of cyclists have a chip on their shoulder.

Shame.

dent said:
What kind of shitty argument is that for doing anything? Jesus.
The argument that's usually happens is" get off the road, you're not registered". That's what.
C'mon dude.
BTW, I'm not against bikes, I was just putting forward my thoughts on what I felt may help sort the issue out. Seems to have been taken quite badly !!!!!

Soooooo..
There is no pleasing you.

manticle said:
Registering bikes = another way for authorities to take money and regulate another aspect of our lives while practically solving or changing absolutely **** all.

Had this argument with my mum recently after she car doored a cyclist (totally her fault), got upset that he was upset, then crapped on about bike rego because somehow magically that would solve the situation or prevent it ever happening again. Bike rego is a big fuckin' straw man and if anyone thinks the aggro nufties who tried to bully badseed would act differently if bikes cost rego dollars to ride, then they need a hippocampus transplant.
You're wrong. Bicycle registration makes car mirrors work better.

CrookedFingers said:
Whatever guys.
Not all drivers are aggro.
Seems a large majority of cyclists have a chip on their shoulder.
Shame.
Didn't say they were and the behaviour of a large number of cyclists sometimes makes me ashamed to be one.
Just can't see a reduction in aggressive behaviour or stupidity (from either riders or drivers) based on revenue collection. Registration doesn't stop idiot drivers, how will it impact idiot riders?

The cost of administering and enforcing bicycle registration will far outweigh the revenue raised. So, that's never going to happen.

CrookedFingers said:
The argument that's usually happens is" get off the road, you're not registered". That's what.
C'mon dude.
BTW, I'm not against bikes, I was just putting forward my thoughts on what I felt may help sort the issue out. Seems to have been taken quite badly !!!!!

Soooooo..
There is no pleasing you.
I wouldn't take it badly and I really wouldn't have a problem paying any rego for my bike if such a thing existed.
Cyclists don't make the laws, it's no good shouting pay your rego at cyclists. I believe that if bike rego existed then instead of "pay your rego ****!" it would just become "****!" that was shouted.

Lack of rego isn't really the issue it just seems to be the only thing the fuckwit community can focus on. It's a fairly recent thing, I cycled to work for years and never had a single problem. I now get verbally abused fairly regularly. I don't know where the hatred comes from but Shane ******* Warne is responsible for legitimising the behaviour.

I once joined a local cycling club on one of their rides, man, it was 10 times worse, They all seemed able to laugh it off, I can't. I think the sight of 10-20 bikes (some riding 2-wide) really pisses people off.
So I ride on my own, single file and in the emergency lane (which doubles as a cycle lane in WA).

If "most cyclists seem to have a chip on their shoulder" it most likely comes from being abused and assaulted. Unprovoked attacks tend to do that to people.
A beer bottle at 100kmh has the potential to injure or worse. A car crossing the solid line to deliberately pass too close has the potential to injure or worse.
Some people don't seem able to process the potential consequences of their actions or they don't care.
Maybe some harsh penalties, some real public awareness and a couple of high profile cases would make a difference. The media don't help with trashy tv shows running stories like "The war on our roads!!!"

I think Forest Gump summed it up nicely: "Fuckwit is as fuckwit does"

You're right.
The media does not help.
Other comments above make a lot of sense too.
I hope I have not come off at all aggressive on any of my comments.
Just spit balling the idea.

Obvious it's not a good one !! Haha

Your point is a good one Warra, it probably would be a waste of time as such a little amount would be soaked up on admin and what not.

Anyway, good chat guys !!! Haha

Arguing with the Anti-HALAL certification mob....is fun, if not infuriating......how can people be so bloody stupid

manticle said:
warra48 said:
The cost of administering and enforcing bicycle registration will far outweigh the revenue raised. So, that's never going to happen.
Manticle,I agree.
Warra48, it will no doubt at some stage be law here in South Australia,it has been a hot topic on the radio + this state is broke,the state government here will and are taxing ( sorry that's a levy) on ****'n near everything. Cnuts .

It really is just another manifestation of road rage, for the attackers the beauty is that cyclists are a slow moving easy target and they are on the road so they cop it probably more than motorists. I ride and I drive but I find both motorists and cyclists piss me off just as much as each other.

AndrewQLD said:
It really is just another manifestation of road rage, for the attackers the beauty is that cyclists are a slow moving easy target and they are on the road so they cop it probably more than motorists. I ride and I drive but I find both motorists and cyclists piss me off just as much as each other.
I have come to the conclusion that the world is full of fuckwits regardless of their mode of transportation or taste in beer.

They also seem to be breeding at a rapid rate.

shaunous said:
There is a guy at work who owns and rarely drives a balls as **** 2 door 1969 HK Monaro worth who knows how many thousands (Ducati Stu you'd know the car). Anyway he prefers to ride his road bike to work and back, and to cafes and pubs on weekends.
WIN!!!
Ftfy.

Back