Quantcast

Continuing Rant Thread - Get it Off Ya Chest here

Aussie Home Brewer

Help Support Aussie Home Brewer:

Tahoose

Well-Known Member
Joined
22/9/13
Messages
1,455
Reaction score
498
That's shit mate. Hope the karma train comes by and hits them at 200kph.

Hope you have a good Xmas.
 

nosco

Well-Known Member
Joined
16/10/13
Messages
1,887
Reaction score
456
Location
Wyndhame Vale
Thats a really shit thing to happen especially since they came into your house. Contact the financial ombudsman too in regard to the keys and see what they say since it involves both house and car insurance. Cant hurt.
 

spog

The Odd Drop Brewery
Joined
10/4/04
Messages
3,416
Reaction score
989
Shit, flew to Hong Kong today and ordered a beer with my lunch....got a fckn VB.
The next leg is to NY so no doubt it'll be Bud.
Went hunting for a beer in the airport here and you have to sit down and order a meal if you want beer, not happy.
 

paulyman

Well-Known Member
Joined
11/7/14
Messages
953
Reaction score
389
The continuous stream of posts on FB about 2016 being "the worst year ever".

Did we all get the same education? I'm pretty sure the close to 2 million Casualties in just two of the battles fought during 1916 (Verdun and the Somme) trump anything 2016 has thrown at us.
 

madpierre06

Well-Known Member
Joined
28/3/14
Messages
1,333
Reaction score
618
Location
Brisbane
Oh no. Apparently some human met another human on a tv show, became conjoined at the hips, then disengaged. This made news. Seriously. And something of little consequence happened which was caught on video, this also became news. Then 20 other people tweeted about it. These twits when copy and pasted formed the majority of the subsequent article on some news site.

Lowest common denominator, here we come.
 

goomboogo

Bring back Bum.
Joined
26/9/07
Messages
1,690
Reaction score
395
madpierre06 said:
Oh no. Apparently some human met another human on a tv show, became conjoined at the hips, then disengaged. This made news. Seriously. And something of little consequence happened which was caught on video, this also became news. Then 20 other people tweeted about it. These twits when copy and pasted formed the majority of the subsequent article on some news site.

Lowest common denominator, here we come.
It would appear the lowest common denominator welcomed us with open arms quite a while ago. I suspect the quality of news reporting may decrease even further. You should use your summary as an application for a postition of news editor/producer because you nailed it.
 

madpierre06

Well-Known Member
Joined
28/3/14
Messages
1,333
Reaction score
618
Location
Brisbane
goomboogo said:
It would appear the lowest common denominator welcomed us with open arms quite a while ago. I suspect the quality of news reporting may decrease even further. You should use your summary as an application for a postition of news editor/producer because you nailed it.
Been going on for too long, I agree. Some days it just really really IRKS me. Yesterday was one of those.

Regarding a job prospect, nah. Insufficient political correctness or arse licking here. Just can't be done.I'd have the 'let's love everyone' left, conservative right, and 'mealy mouthed' middle out for blood. Any societal group with an aversion to common sense and what is 'right' would be put offside. And probably a few of them as well :lol:
 

sp0rk

Mayor of Pooptown
Joined
14/2/11
Messages
4,206
Reaction score
1,062
Location
Muswellbrook
Farking keytags, door swipers, loyalty cards, etc
Just wandered over to the gym in my lunchbreak at work to do a bit of cardio and some yoga/mobility exercises, but couldn't get in
No staff on this week, and because I'm incredibly forgetful/unorganised (I'm Primarily Inattentive ADHD) I forgot my swipie tag thingie
Too many bloody things to remember/carry around these days, what's wrong with a keypad?
 

Brownsworthy

Well-Known Member
Joined
15/1/16
Messages
252
Reaction score
126
Farking fark insomnia, 2 and a half hours sleep in the last 48 and tonight ain't looking any better. FARK!
 

peteru

Here, taste this!
Joined
13/10/13
Messages
1,154
Reaction score
517
Location
Sydney
Why do fathers-in-law think that they are more qualified to make decisions about how you bring up your own kids than you are? And what gives them the idea they can possibly dismiss and over-rule you in front of the kids? They had plenty of opportunity with their own kids, now it's time to sit back and shut the **** up.
 

shaunous

I Drink VB
Joined
1/8/12
Messages
2,528
Reaction score
488
Jeez, hearing stories about your families on here makes me realise how good mine are :D
 

shaunous

I Drink VB
Joined
1/8/12
Messages
2,528
Reaction score
488
sp0rk said:
Farking keytags, door swipers, loyalty cards, etc
Just wandered over to the gym in my lunchbreak at work to do a bit of cardio and some yoga/mobility exercises, but couldn't get in
No staff on this week, and because I'm incredibly forgetful/unorganised (I'm Primarily Inattentive ADHD) I forgot my swipie tag thingie
Too many bloody things to remember/carry around these days, what's wrong with a keypad?
You wanted to do Yoga in your lunch break??? I wouldn't let you in my door either :p
 
Joined
5/9/13
Messages
7,127
Reaction score
3,360
Location
Mulgrave Victoria
Very droll shaunous.

I have a great mother in law but the father in law is a bit of a stuffed shirt, I get under his skin (he is a wine buff) by pronouncing the wines as read, been doing it for years but it still gets him and he still corrects me. Find his Achilles heel peteru and hone in on that, it'll take his mind away from telling you how to bring up your own kids.
 

sp0rk

Mayor of Pooptown
Joined
14/2/11
Messages
4,206
Reaction score
1,062
Location
Muswellbrook
shaunous said:
You wanted to do Yoga in your lunch break??? I wouldn't let you in my door either :p
Normally I'd agree, but it's doing wonders for the herniated soft disc in my lower back
I'll try anything if it'll stop this chronic pain
 

manticle

Standing up for the Aussie Bottler
Joined
27/9/08
Messages
25,707
Reaction score
6,120
Location
Glenorchy, TAS
sp0rk said:
Too many bloody things to remember/carry around these days, what's wrong with a keypad?
You'd forget the PIN unless you wrote it down and put it in the wallet you continually leave behind on the kitchen bench.
 

Zorco

Well-Known Member
Joined
10/7/14
Messages
2,006
Reaction score
1,012
Location
Brisbane
paulyman said:
The continuous stream of posts on FB about 2016 being "the worst year ever".

Did we all get the same education? I'm pretty sure the close to 2 million Casualties in just two of the battles fought during 1916 (Verdun and the Somme) trump anything 2016 has thrown at us.
I liked this post...
But.... 2016 was fucked and my resilience was reached on one occasion.

In that way 2016 was the best year ever... but in any case, I can't wait to see it's a-hole in my rear view mirror.

Anyway I've got my awesome Belgian beers to bring in the new year.

My wishes are for all of us to have a cracking 2017!
 

sp0rk

Mayor of Pooptown
Joined
14/2/11
Messages
4,206
Reaction score
1,062
Location
Muswellbrook
manticle said:
You'd forget the PIN unless you wrote in down and put it in your wallet you continually leave behind on the kitchen bench.
You're actually right...
 

Latest posts

Top