Continuing Rant Thread - Get it Off Ya Chest here

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
sp0rk said:
Normally I'd agree, but it's doing wonders for the herniated soft disc in my lower back
I'll try anything if it'll stop this chronic pain
Try getting run over twice in one night ;)

I now know the truth behind the old peoples saying 'My body just doesnt like winter'. Winter is definitely the worst.

Im as good as im going to get without complaining about it, no one listens anyway :D :D :D

Never move down here (not that you wouldn't be welcome but we get snow on nearby mountains in December)

I regularly walk my dogs around the Caloundra Sharks Rugby League ground. It's a good spot to let them off the leash and they can run around without bothering anyone.

Anyway, this morning I let them off and while I chatted to some locals, one of my dogs wandered off and found something stinking to roll in. It's a dog thing, they love stuff that stinks.

What my dog rolled in this morning was shit, not just any kind of shit, but human shit. Yes....... human......... shit........

Yesterday, the Sunshine Coast Falcons R/L team played there and as part of the post-match celebrations, one of the socially underdeveloped neanderthals who was part of the group, must have decided that doing a shit on the ground in a public place would be a ******* hoot. I can just imagine the raucous laughter that would have followed such an hilariously funny stunt.

I was pretty pissed off at my dog, of course, but really, who the **** does a shit on the ground in a public place? Other than neanderthals.

john_hopoate_1900up7-1900uth.jpg

Now it's all starting to make sense.

Black Devil Dog said:
I regularly walk my dogs around the Caloundra Sharks Rugby League ground. It's a good spot to let them off the leash and they can run around without bothering anyone.

Anyway, this morning I let them off and while I chatted to some locals, one of my dogs wandered off and found something stinking to roll in. It's a dog thing, they love stuff that stinks.

What my dog rolled in this morning was shit, not just any kind of shit, but human shit. Yes....... human......... shit........

Yesterday, the Sunshine Coast Falcons R/L team played there and as part of the post-match celebrations, one of the socially underdeveloped neanderthals who was part of the group, must have decided that doing a shit on the ground in a public place would be a ******* hoot. I can just imagine the raucous laughter that would have followed such an hilariously funny stunt.

I was pretty pissed off at my dog, of course, but really, who the **** does a shit on the ground in a public place? Other than neanderthals.
There is probably some law against walking your dogs there .

What a shitty 24 hours...

Set out to do a Centennial SMaSH. Grainfather safety switch cuts out at 50C as I'm trying to take my mash from 45C to 66C. Reset it a couple of times, but it's no good. Pulled the malt pipe out, pumped out the wort and found that there was a huge flour cake at the bottom and a thick layer burnt on. Wort smelled of scorching. 5.5kg of grain into the compost and then I spent the next 2 hours cleaning the burnt on crap. I wasn't going to give up, so got started on the next batch at around 11pm. This time it worked out fine and by 6am I had a cube full of hot wort, plus another 8 or so litres in the fermenter (ran out of clean cubes).

I put the hot cube in the fermentation fridge and the yeast on the stirplate, anticipating that I'd get some sleep and pitch later in the day.

Come mid arvo, I go and check on the cube and the Inkbird reads 39.5C! Argh! My fermentation fridge died! It just has a little indicator with an orange triangle and an exclamation mark lit up. It does that as soon as it's powered up. No sign of the compressor starting.

So now I have 8L in the fermenter with an airlock, but it's too warm to pitch yeast with ambient temps in the high 20s. A warm cube, in a broken ferm fridge and a whole scorched batch in the compost. To top it off, I had bugger all sleep and am without a car for the rest of the week and the IPA keg run dry last night!

About the only consolation I have is the 15L that I cubed will hopefully keep until I can ferment it out at a proper temperature. Whenever that may be.

I guess I learned that if you are overzealous with stirring the grain during dough-in, you are going to just wash/sift all the flour through the bottom plate and then scorch it. For my second batch, I used a sieve to ensure the first 5cm or so of the grain bed was without flour. I was careful not to disturb the bottom layer when adding the rest of the grain. That worked well and gave me the best mash/sparge I had with the Grainfather so far. Mash efficiency was 84.87%

Now I need to get a new ferm fridge. I've only got about 6 batches from the current one. :-(

My car battery keeps going flat.
My mechanic said alternator etc is all fine. I've done a current draw check and actually getting zero draw.
Anyone know of a good auto elec in the eastern suburbs Melbourne?

What sort of car? How long does it take to drain? How did you measure current draw? Is your ammeter fuse blown? Have you load tested the battery?
If it's a modern car with electronics then you should have a slight current draw (15-50mA typically) so first thing I'd do is connect the ohmeter across the ammeter terminals to determine if the fuse is intact.

Camo6 said:
What sort of car? How long does it take to drain? How did you measure current draw? Is your ammeter fuse blown? Have you load tested the battery?
If it's a modern car with electronics then you should have a slight current draw (15-50mA typically) so first thing I'd do is connect the ohmeter across the ammeter terminals to determine if the fuse is intact.
Hey camo,
It's a Holden Adventra LX8 2003.
I disconnect the negative cable on battery and set my multimeter to ohms 10a.
Join the multimeter in series and leave for 5 mins to wait for system shut down. Zero current draw.
A mate has a Tech 2 and we checked the settings, someone had already changed shit down from 60 min to the minimum of 3 mins.
I replaced the alternator yesterday.
Just to tick it off the list. Kept the old one too as the new GM one was about 400 and cheaper than Bosch.
No BCM errors when we plugged the Tech 2 in. Although system has a limit on how many errors it can store.

Latest posts

Back