Continuing Rant Thread - Get it Off Ya Chest here

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I partially withdraw my previous cart blanche in regard to free speech. David 'avocado' Wolf is back in town and spruiking his typical brand of (raw) fucktardary.
Only this time, spicing things up with with some anti vaxer rambling. Byron Bay? Really? Dave obviously like to play the tough crowds..
**** Wolf. Let him and his stinky cultists consume all the deer antler products they desire, but this idiotic message has the potential to kill those who have no say in it.

Byron Bay David Wolfe Unplugged Evening, Thursday, March 16, 2017
The most controversial event of the tour. David Wolfe goes beyond health to share new findings on how the world really works and how to navigate it in a 2-hour Byron Bay exclusive intimate talk. Fresh off travelling around the world meeting the world's most prominent activists, alternative healers, water protectors, quantum physicists, seers and conspiratory truth seekers, David is ready to give Byron

..sounds like a real brains trust, **** me dead..

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/news/nsw/david-wolfe-flat-earther-brings-antivax-message-to-australia/news-story/01f9e1c60f9a9fe273f2f695e7ebf514

He's a flat earth theory promoter...

So that puts him in one of two camps
- The group of dumbest individuals in the world
- The group of biggest trolls in the world

Though this guy might intersect that ven diagram

Can we get an AHB contingent roll up drunk on the doorstep and proceed to ruin the evening?

sp0rk said:
Can we get an AHB contingent roll up drunk on the doorstep and proceed to ruin the evening?
That would involve going to Byron Bay...

No thanks, that place is a shit hole

I agree,
Growing up in Ballina we went to Byron quite a bit to see bands, snorkelling for Marine Studies in High School, Markets, etc
I now avoid the place like the plague
Fake hippies, meth/pill heads, and anti vaxxers
Can't stand the damn place
I'd much rather head out to The Channon or Main Arm and hang out with real hippies

Ducatiboy stu said:
That would involve going to Byron Bay...

No thanks, that place is a shit hole
When up that way, we use to go via Nimbin to get to Protester Falls. Not any more thanks. Now we go via The Channon (nice pub).

The way things are going, I might just cruise the the high street next time round and show the kids what whooping cough, Polio and smallpox look like.

Got a mate at The Pocket, behind Billinudgel ( also a great old fashioned timber pub )

So many nicer places up there than Byron Pay

Though I must admit, I quite enjoy Stone & Wood Pacific Ale.

Ducatiboy stu said:
Got a mate at The Pocket, behind Billinudgel ( also a great old fashioned timber pub )

So many nicer places up there than Byron Pay
thanks for the tip, might pop in there next time i visit my folks

Dave70 said:
Though I must admit, I quite enjoy Stone & Wood Pacific Ale.
The good thing is, you don't need to go through town to get there
Just come in on the north side and head into the industrial estate

F#£*ing Australia post. Why does a package under 500 grams takes 7 days to get from Sydney to Adelaide via Melbourne!!!?? Their tracking just makes you bloody furious. Delivery from Coopers Qld is worst goes Sydney then Melbourne then Adelaide. Bloody joke.

Do parcels from Qld to Perth go via Sydney, Melbourne, Hobart, Adelaide, Alice Springs, Darwin and then Broome??????

TNT.
I have a TNT driver who turned up at work with a pallet of butter.
I said wrong address mate, he left.
Turned up a few days later with a pallet of corn flour and says this one mate.
I said wrong address buddy, he left again.
Then yesterday he turns up opens up his curtains and says this one mate.
I said are you sure, he said yes mate this one.
So I received the pallet of box sets of bonanza and highway to heaven at the brewery and sent him on his way.
I knew the address was wrong but.......
I'm waiting for him to turn up tomorrow asking for the pallet but ?

Yes I have noticed the route is never straight forward, was tracking one not so long ago saw it had got to Ballarat next thing it was in Newcastle or somewhere strange, some posties just can't take a joke.

they just want to milk you for more money

and i've had packages go from sydney to vic. then to me and i live in nsw

Yep, got the same problem with Startrack. After the same recurring problem the Send company put the hard word on, Startrack put the hard word on Him and not a problem since. I guess he wants to keep his franchise.

niftinev said:
they just want to milk you for more money

and i've had packages go from sydney to vic. then to me and i live in nsw
Well how else are they going to pay the main man $5.5 mill???

Still not a lot of point in AP sending something to points C, K and P when you have already paid the set fee to get it from point A to point B. I don't think that is the reason somehow.

They have centralised the mail sorting facilities. So any parcel in NSW goes first to the regional sorting facility then from there to the main NSW one then on to the destination state (maybe via the eastern or Western central sorting facility) then on to the destination region and so on. Lots of hops.Lots of time spent on trucks.

Ultimately the cost saving of centralised sorting is higher than the increased transport costs of shipping stuff around the country on trucks. So your stuff spends ages bouncing from one sorting warehouse to another.

grott said:
Delivery from Coopers Qld is worst goes Sydney then Melbourne then Adelaide. Bloody joke.
Looks about right to me. It's following a road route that bulk transport trucks take. They ensure that the trucks are as full as possible when travelling between major population centres. What do you expect them to do? Load your cans of malt extract onto a jet plane and fly them point-to-point? I'm sure if you drop the $, someone will do that for you, but it's not going to be for under $20.

You should really be asking Coopers why the hell are they shipping those cans from Adelaide to Qld, only to send them back to Adelaide again.

peteru said:
Looks about right to me. It's following a road route that bulk transport trucks take. They ensure that the trucks are as full as possible when travelling between major population centres. What do you expect them to do? Load your cans of malt extract onto a jet plane and fly them point-to-point? I'm sure if you drop the $, someone will do that for you, but it's not going to be for under $20.

You should really be asking Coopers why the hell are they shipping those cans from Adelaide to Qld, only to send them back to Adelaide again.
This is the 'continuing rant thread.' Let the man rant.
Pretty sure there's an 'arrogant twat thread' if you really need somewhere to post.

(Hard work and heat do not a happy Camo6 make.)

Back