Continuing Rant Thread - Get it Off Ya Chest here

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
goomboogo said:
Is the pressure getting to you?

Yeah, had a bit going on lately, coupled with despising absolutely 99% of the 'reality' television genre (only exceptions being Masterchef UK and the Oz version [they bloody pushed the envelope this year though] ), and when I opened a news page online while having brekkie to have that damn ad open itself on my screen.......tipped me over the edge. And on a self-imposed grog ban until end of August. Just got in, a little more stable now, the world is reasonable.

Who at channel seven decided that the world has forgiven Wayne Carey and we wanted him back on our footy coverage. I sure as hell didn't. He is a thug, a bully, a cheat and a liar. All well documented. He's been convicted of violence against women and assaulting police. I'm all for second chances but this guy is probably at his 20th chance, as recently as 2012 he was denied entry to Barwon Prison as a scan turned up coke on his clothing. It really shits me to then have him on my TV calling out players for dirty play and no doubt taking home a huge pay check.

FARK that feels better.

Bridges said:
Who at channel seven decided that the world has forgiven Wayne Carey and we wanted him back on our footy coverage. I sure as hell didn't. He is a thug, a bully, a cheat and a liar. All well documented. He's been convicted of violence against women and assaulting police. I'm all for second chances but this guy is probably at his 20th chance, as recently as 2012 he was denied entry to Barwon Prison as a scan turned up coke on his clothing. It really shits me to then have him on my TV calling out players for dirty play and no doubt taking home a huge pay check.

FARK that feels better.
I fixed that problem about 25 years ago.
Simply removed football in any form from my world.

Bridges said:

FARK that feels better.
HERE. Fkn. HERE.

Unbelievable how low Channel 7's moral standards are that they'd use him as a commentator. It just smacks of the old school attitude of "so long as he's good at footy we'll ignore everything else".

And it doesn't help he talks crap half the time. Sam Mitchell couldn't get a spot in 17 other clubs?? Yeah right. Dickhead.

Slight tangent to this: I can't believe how the media crucified Fevola for his antics and yet Carey's totally fine. I'd definitely agree Fev is a total idiot but what's the worst he ever did? Wave a black dildo around? So what?! At least he didn't glass someone - ie: his girlfriend!!!

20 year old fella at work, VFL player, got a job as a project engineer through footy connections. Zero experience, $90k starting package. Footy is God and don't you forget it, immigrant.

madpierre06 said:
Seriously, now kids on TV spelling out words, complete with dramatic music and close ups of emotional family, is must see tv?????? The lowest common denominator is here.

Where's a bloody RAGE emoticon when you need one!!!!!
I'd totally agree ... EXCEPT ... at least it's vaguely celebrating education.
Having grown up in a rural area where almost no one valued education at all and subsequently all my peers went on to be poorly educated laborers with no options. Not that there's anything wrong with being a laborer, just it's good to have options if you want them. Fwiw, my Asian friends cannot believe how poorly education is valued in Australia generally.
So good on em for doing something celebrating education.
But totally hate the melodramatic emotion being hammed up.
And I'm gettin a little sick of hearing swmbo say "oh they're sooo cute!"

Mardoo said:
20 year old fella at work, VFL player, got a job as a project engineer through footy connections. Zero experience, $90k starting package. Footy is God and don't you forget it, immigrant.
Wow.
Footy 1. Education/experience 0.

With messed up rationale like that, no wonder our politicians get away with being so crap.

GO HAWKS !!!!

Who cares what Duck says or doesn't say.
Mitchell is class.
Premiers 2015 or not, we are the best team this year by far............
awesome to knock the cats off again.

Probably will win the GF anyway ![emoji13]

technobabble66 said:
HERE. Fkn. HERE.
Where?

Hear, hear.

Didn't you people ever read Asterix? Talk about lack of education.

Next thing people will start using apostrophes to denote some plural's and not others. Make's the stomach churn.

manticle said:
Where?

Hear, hear.

Didn't you people ever read Asterix? Talk about lack of education.

Next thing people will start using apostrophes to denote some plural's and not others. Make's the stomach churn.
Zigackly!

I watched that Collingwood, Swans game, agree Carey shouldn't be broadcasting, can't think why they would want him, much better callers out there.As for the game would have much sooner watched a VFL game, had high hopes for Collingwood this year though not a Collingwood supporter, they have the players, I just reckon Buckley isn't hard enough, his wife Tania would do a better job she's a real ball breaker, and scary with it.

Nivea Men's Creme.

Are
You
Serious?!?

To the ad agencies trying desperately to market this: Great effort. You've obviously tried really hard. Unfortunately you're still a huge ******* mile off selling the idea that a facial cream is manly. Not remotely manly. Sorry. **** off.

technobabble66 said:
Nivea Men's Creme.

Are
You
Serious?!?

To the ad agencies trying desperately to market this: Great effort. You've obviously tried really hard. Unfortunately you're still a huge ******* mile off selling the idea that a facial cream is manly. Not remotely manly. Sorry. **** off.
Oh. It's made for men? I assumed it was the ingredient

After a cold winter it's been a brilliant calm warm day here the bay is like glass,I did a brew and some gardening,drank a couple of beers while starting to tidy my shed and then the sun goes down and fucks it up.
Not happy......;)

Latest posts

Back