Continuing Rant Thread - Get it Off Ya Chest here

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Maybe Truman freaked out a little

Hunchback-620x413.jpg

Camo6 said:
Sigh. I blame a local Dans checkout girl for my excessive beer expenses. I'd drive past ten bottlos just to see her smile. Sigh.
There was a young hot chick that used to work there and everytime I went in she would come up and say hello and show me any new beers they had that I might not have tried yet. I would go there just to see her, she was gorgeous.

The staff there are all really good. Another time I was there looking at scotch and a staff member came over who was experienced with all the diferent types of scotch. He spent a fair amount of time with me and another guy explaining them all and then got out some bottles for us to taste. And his shots were all doubles, which I suspect he did so we would open our wallets. I ended up buying a bottle of Ardbeg, but more so becuase Qldkev had reccomended it.
And it was one of the best scotches I have tasted.

But this checkout chick has always had an attitude.

Ducatiboy stu said:
Maybe Truman freaked out a little

Hunchback-620x413.jpg
Thats a very very close resemblance and Im not exxagerating. Her eyes are all crazy eyes, shes cross eyed or has strabismus.
I actually feel sorry for her as I know shes very lonely. One of the other girls once told me shes on the dating sights looking for a partner but hasnt had any luck in years.

I was at Dans looking for a good bottle of scotch for a Scottish mate the other day and had a really helpful staff member come and chat whiskeys with me for 10mins. He knew his stuff and I ended up going with the Japanese whiskey, Yamazaki. Went the blend as the single was out of stock.
Nothing pompous about spending $80 on Scotch/whiskey. Sure there's cheaper ones that are decent quality but can't say I've seen a good Islay for much less unless its in special.
Face it Truman, she's probably been hitting on you every time you go in there and your lack of attention is eating her up. Bloody player.

Macallan single malt 12yr, can find for $70 and I reckon it's nicer than your $300+ bottles!!!

Camo6 said:
Face it Truman, she's probably been hitting on you every time you go in there and your lack of attention is eating her up. Bloody player.
She was probably pissed that he turned her down...and Truman has been coping it from here ever since :D

Camo6 said:
I was at Dans looking for a good bottle of scotch for a Scottish mate the other day and had a really helpful staff member come and chat whiskeys with me for 10mins. He knew his stuff and I ended up going with the Japanese whiskey, Yamazaki. Went the blend as the single was out of stock.
Nothing pompous about spending $80 on Scotch/whiskey. Sure there's cheaper ones that are decent quality but can't say I've seen a good Islay for much less unless its in special.
Umm, well yes to be honest I think she has. She is usually smiling and friendly and i think thats why the other girl told me she was looking for a date..lol.

I agree with you about the Islays. The bottle I actually brought during the whole phone incident was a StrathIsla. Not as peaty as Ardbeg but still a great scotch all the same.

DJ_L3ThAL said:
Macallan single malt 12yr, can find for $70 and I reckon it's nicer than your $300+ bottles!!!
My same Scottish mate bought me a $180 Macallan on French oak for fixing his sister's car. We had a tasting night and I preferred a 10 yr old Bruichladdich over it.
I'd also prefer a $40 bottle of Glengrant over a lot of more expensive brands too.

Hmm. Where's that single malt thread?

DJ_L3ThAL said:
Not peaty enough and too much sherry for me, but I prefer the Islay style over the Highlands :D

Scotches are one of those areas that are soo vast

My current tipple is Laphroaig Triple Wood. It's an Islay malt. It's gorgeous, with smoky, peaty, complex, full on flavour, love it.
Donated to me by my kind sister, who bought it duty free.
Dan's want $119.99 for a bottle. So, $80 for a single malt isn't really anything to write home about.

Congratulations to Truman for stirring up a whole lot of activity in this forum. Brilliant. Couldn't have done it better myself.

PS: Camo6, nothing stopping you starting a thread on single malts if you are so inclined.

Laphroaig Triple Wood makes it 4th on my best scotches; I love the extra complexity of the woods, but I find a hint of sweet tails left in it so a couple more years of age would make it totally awesome.
3rd is their 10 yr expression,
2nd is Lagaviulin 16 yr,
and the winner is Ardbeg 10 yr

Maybe we do need a malty thread

There is a malt whisky thread already.
Bugger you guys. Now you got me thinking about delicious whisky.

Yeah, was referring to the single malt thread. Now just need to figure out how to sneak a bottle past the minister.
Anyway, back to Truman and his rude, womanizing antics.

Truman said:
Truman, on 06 Jan 2015 - 4:30 PM, said:

Thats a very very close resemblance and Im not exxagerating. Her eyes are all crazy eyes, shes cross eyed or has strabismus.
I actually feel sorry for her as I know shes very lonely. One of the other girls once told me shes on the dating sights looking for a partner but hasnt had any luck in years.
My oldest just turned 14 the other day. About a year ago she passed her mom in height and right now she's around 5" from my height (6'3" / 1.9 m). Skinny as a rail as we keep her active by enrolling her in tae kwon do, skiing and swimming. This past summer she, her younger sister and I were buying groceries and she came up and whispered in my ear, "Dad, that lady at the till is looking at me and giving me the creeps because she's frowning/just looking really angry." The lady in question is probably in her 50s and time hasn't been kind. On the way out I made sure to say a cheerful goodbye to her and her face lit up when she said bye in return but it changed right back to evil when she returned her gaze back to my daughter. My take was that she was jealous of this (at the time) 13 year old's looks. Shitty in my opinion but I told her to get used to it because it will get worse as her figure develops. Just horrible that her first conscious memory of someone acting that way is of an adult that really shouldn't be jealous of a child at least 40 years her junior.

Camo6 said:
Camo6, on 06 Jan 2015 - 4:43 PM, said:

I organized a whiskey/bourbon/scotch tasting a few years back and the crowd favourite was by far the Yamazaki but it was $125 so not something anyone would be likely to buy on a whim. The "best value for money" vote went to Buffalo Trace bourbon - well worth it if you can find it. Usually around $35 - $40 for 750ml here. I'm very fond of Sullivan's Cove but for some reason it rocketed up in cost around 3 years ago. Was around $75 then, but very rare to see it for less than $110 now. Even the wife loves Sullivan's Cove and generally she's not fond of whiskey.

I love my scotch but I've been growing much more fond of Irish whiskey of late. Really appreciate a nice oaky rum too.

Latest posts

Back