Continuing Rant Thread - Get it Off Ya Chest here

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Acker_Bilk

Bilk was born in Pensford, Somerset, in 1929.[3] He earned the nickname "Acker" from the Somerset slang for "friend" or "mate". His parents tried to teach him the piano, but, as a boy, Bilk found it restricted his love of outdoor activities, including football. He lost two front teeth in a school fight and half a finger in a sledgingaccident, both of which he claimed affected his eventual clarinet style

http://youtu.be/NIaiW1XrzxA

Truman said:
So what I should have said was..This ugly bitch at Dans keeps trying to crack on to me everytime I go there and then the other day she cracked the shits at me because I had my phone to my ear, so I think shes just pissed that Im not interested in her. :D
Correct.

I'll tell you what shits me...
I have a MAME cabinet (upright arcade system I built). So far 3 x 2nd hand hard drives have crashed in it. It's been out of action since last April, but worked fine when it ran.

About a month ago one of my hard drives crashed on the home computer (I have 3 in my PC). Not too happy, but had lots of movies and old games which I don't watch or play any more. I tried to recover the data but the software I had uses XP and wasn't 7 compatible.

Went on holidays and managed to score a free HD. Stoked, I put XP on it and went to recover the data from the crashed drive.
Drive 1 wasn't recognised.
Drive 2... not recognised.
Drive 3. Also not recognised.

wtf?
I plugged 'C' back in, which has the OS, and it wouldn't boot up. I put the Windows 7 recovery disc in and... it can't even see the OS?!?!?!?!
Recovery has started of the critical stuff (which is mostly backed up) but I was astounded that all frigging 3 drives suddenly are no good. The first crashed drive is well and truely rooted, no data can be recovered.

In the meantime I thought I'll see if I can get the MAME cabinet going, some beer and R-Type will go down alright. I turn it on, and get nothing but streaked lines. Further research from a monitor genius on another forum (he's basically the world's foremost expert on arcade monitors and designs the electronics himself) yields a negative response.
The monitor is all good but the graphics card looks to be stuffed. It's a specially-modified card for arcade monitors and isn't compatible with anything else. I have the AGP version which they no longer make. Hence, to fix the problem I need a new $125 arcade graphics card. And a new PC because they're only available with PCIe slots.

So I don't know which one of you pricks out there threw an EMP grenade at my house but could you **** off. At least the brew system and fridges still work.

My approach, (and I have wrote about this before) whether it be a barmaid or checkout chick if they are reasonable looking flash a smile and say, " So you gave up modelling to work (behind the bar or behind a till). Only had one set back once in Safeway, flashed a smile and my customary remark and started the patter with her, getting on really well until she asked if I had a reward card when my wife pushed me forward and said to the poor girl, "I'm his reward".
In the case of Quasimodo at Dan's you could always ask her what Paris is like this time of year :D

wide eyed and legless said:
In the case of Quasimodo at Dan's you could always ask her what Paris is like this time of year :D
Maybe not the best thing to be asking today

GrumpyPaul said:
At least some ugly chick at Dans didnt berate you for your bad manners.....
Or even worse, get flamed by ahb's resident grumpy old man

image.jpg

Thankfully I don't catch public transport much these days but I've had to catch a couple of trains recently.
I though tt fm type hits at loop stations were bad enough but now we have giant plasma screens all the way along the platform (so no escape) blaring safety announcements, ads for tpg and tips on how to improve my glutes.
Not only that but they've removed the rubbish and recycling bins at cbd stations, richmond and north melbourne in response to the national terror alert.
Are you ******* kidding me? I can imagine al quaeda operatives ticking that one off the list.
'Allah akbar! We got rid of their bins'.

Who uses bins these days,seems to me that if a bin is not within arms reach of a person they drop their rubbish on the ground.
Lazy slobs.

When they removed the bins from London stations when the IRA was still active, it made sense and, to my recollection anyway, there was a decrease in littering if anything. Maybe part of a "we're in this together"attitude, crap memory or simply oblivious.

No idea why an increased terror alert means they remove the bins in Melbourne but leave them in place in Sydney. Probably someone wrote a memo

I was confused at the main station in Manchester about 2005 untill I found a cleaner walking around who explained that I should drop my rubbish on the ground as he was there to pick it up.

Strange old world

Are you all male models or something?

I imagine it's a shit gig having to serve the public, I always try to be nice to people who serve me, regardless of if they are attractive or not.

Back on page 10 we had a rant about drivers. Today was simply stunning.
I'm in the left lane of the 110km/h freeway. I sit on 115 cruise control. I'm not stirring the speeding debate... Just what I do.
This car is in the fast lane about 20m behind me and wont overtake. I'm approaching a slower car and indicate and go round. No problem so far. Other car doesnt return to the left lane again after overtaking also. Still sitting one out and 2 back. We come up to another slower car and this time the car speeds up and I wait for them to go round, then I go round, still on cruise at 115.
Next thing, they do pull into the left and I'm up their clacker and indicate to go round. What does the car do??????? Speeds up.
I move back in. Up their clacker 3 minutes later again. Try to go round, they speed up.
I'm starting to think its some dick playing games. When I go round again I get side by side and give them the two fingers to the eyes and then point at the speedo. They floor it. I move back in. Get to Catherine Hill and they putt up the hill and when I go round, driver gives me the bird.
I never varied from 115km/h the entire time. Bloody inattentive drivers shit me to tears. Car pulls in, in Mittagong. I decide to alert them to their poor driving habits and pull in behind them. I get out and the car takes off. Guess the driver is on a ballet forum somewhere talking about this ute that road raged them.....

Mardoo said:
Don't be talkin' smack about the ballet dancers mate. They wouldn't want him either. ;)
I wondered if anyone would read it to the end. BTW, it was a chick driver.

Latest posts

Back