Continuing Rant Thread - Get it Off Ya Chest here

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
How did you hold the phone against your ear whilst removing your wallet from pocket and take card out of wallet?

NEWSFLASH:
Recent studies indicate men can multitask!

Shoulder holds phone to ear. Both eyes focus on lovely serving lady. Mouth engages in polite witticisms with aforementioned lady; keeping it strictly platonic, of course. One hand removes wallet from pocket. Other hand removes cash from wallet.

FWIW, i'd agree with the statements pertaining to the service industry involving a certain amount of "customer is right", balanced by the general requirement of the public to show some fkn manners and respect to their fellow human beings, and there being no need for those in the service industry to put up with prats who think they're better than those serving them.

I'd just say the scenario that seems to have actually occurred w Truman doesn't suggest he was being disrespectful to the serving girl, in fact he seems to have specifically indicated to her he was engaging with her, even though there was a phone still on his ear.
I can't quite see the justification for assumption that she couldn't have known he was on the phone. It's normally pretty obvious. I'd reckon i'd see it every week and it's clear when someone's engaged in a conversation on the phone and when they're just holding it to their ear.
There's the possibility Truman could be telling porkies or has a grossly distorted sense of reality, however going on what was reported, it seems kinda straight forward that the serving chick was maybe taking out a little frustration of the previous dozen prats she's had to deal with on Truman.
Having said that, it's maybe a bit harsh to complain to the manager about it if it's just a one-off. If i was her i'd be ready to punch someone after a few hours working at the checkout, so i'd maybe cut her a little slack first time round.

Gas prices are at their lowest in years. I've heard two comments that both enrage me and make me feel for the direction my country is headed.

1. "When Obama lowers the prices does anyone thank him?"
2. "If he could make it this cheep now he could have done it the entire time!"

Obama doesn't control gas prices, you people need to shut it.

Argghh. I live in Texas, a deeply progressive redneck state. It's so odd the things I hear.

wide eyed and legless said:
Maybe he was pleased to see her and he just wanted to let her know it wasn't the phone.
No I certainly wasnt pleased to see her. She certainly wasnt the younger usual Dans checkout check out chick you would expect. She was a lot older and looked like the hunchback of Notre dame.

Sigh. I blame a local Dans checkout girl for my excessive beer expenses. I'd drive past ten bottlos just to see her smile. Sigh.

Obviously she has been around long enough to stick it to customers perceived as rude and arrogant and not take it lying down like most younger ones.

You do realise that you are not winning this argument, dont you.

And as for the attitude that just because you bought a $80 bottlle of scotch doesnt help your cause either.......and neither does having a sook on AHB.

That bottle was probably worth more than what she got paid for the shift.

Jesus Stu, have a rant why don't you!

Well it is a rant thread..

And I work in Tech Support and have to cop rude and arrogant customers daily.

Its a lot different when the shoe is on the other foot....

Ducatiboy stu said:
Obviously she has been around long enough to stick it to customers perceived as rude and arrogant and not take it lying down like most younger ones.

You do realise that you are not winning this argument, dont you.

And as for the attitude that just because you bought a $80 bottlle of scotch doesnt help your cause either.......and neither does having a sook on AHB.

That bottle was probably worth more than what she got paid for the shift.
Who said anything about trying to win an argument. In my opinion I wasnt talking on the phone, I wasnt rude to her, I actively engaged her, said hello and was polite and looked straight at her whilst waiting for her to respond.

She could have mentioned the phone there and then, but no she stared at me for awhile, then decided to do the transaction and then mention the phone.
Irrespective of wether the phone was held to my ear with my shoulder whilst I opened my wallet or not, I wasnt talking on it and im sticking to that. I dont care what you or others think. Im entitled to my opinion as you are.

I agree mentioinin the $80 scotch sounded pompuos and thats my bad. I also agree complaining to the manager would be silly.

I was pissed because I hate people who continue to talk on their phones and I went out of my way to make sure I didnt and she still had a whinge. And to say its company policy..What a load of crap. this is the rant thread and I had a rant.

As someone who works in liquor retail (not at Dan's) we do in fact find it pretty annoying when folks are on their phones, talking or not, when we're trying to complete a transaction with them. Sometimes they cop a minor spray, most of the time not. But really, y'all phone people don't matter a single ******* bit to us. Rude folks who need to feel important come with the life, not just the job.

I'm kind to customers because that's who I am, and if you're too dumb to pick up the benefit of that, your loss. I'll bend over backwards to help someone if they have the capacity to appreciate it. If someone doesn't they'll get the least of me - no pearls before the swine and all that. A person doesn't get one over on a retail clerk by being served by them. If you need someone in retail to treat you how you want to be treated so you feel good about yourself, you're the weak one. Same goes for the clerk.

Truman said:
I was pissed because I hate people who continue to talk on their phones and I went out of my way to make sure I didnt and she still had a whinge. And to say its company policy..What a load of crap. this is the rant thread and I had a rant.
But you where perceived as being on the phone, regardless of whether you where talking or not...you had the phone to your ear...what are people supposed to think..

You where talking to someone about a bottle of Scotch......hardly a life threatening type of phone call.

GrumpyPaul said:
I've missed the good old days of people sticking it to Truman ...

I'm glad they're back
Order is once again restored to the universe

Truman said:
No I certainly wasnt pleased to see her. She certainly wasnt the younger usual Dans checkout check out chick you would expect. She was a lot older and looked like the hunchback of Notre dame.
I wonder if she irons her frocks over a wok?

Back