Continuing Rant Thread - Get it Off Ya Chest here

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Bloody reps in our company organise carton jobs for their good customers. So they get a machine for the weekend and we get 3 cartons out of it. We have one rep who doesnt bother asking us what we want and the customer rocks up with 3 cartons of VB MB or Crownies. Im the only one here who drinks beer and I wont drink any of that shit. (We no longer do carton jobs for this rep.)

The other reps ask us what we want so its usually a carton of Jonnie a carton of beam and a carton of beer. I always give the rep a choice of 3 beers that are all available from Dans. Todays choice was White Rabbit Dark ale. The customer rocks up with White Rabbit Belgian Ale. Happens everytime. Dans doesnt have what I want so they just ask for whatever White Rabbit they have or whatever instead of going with option 2 or 3.

Dont these people understand the tastes of a craft beer drinker? Now dont get me wrong I dont mind WR Belgian Ale except Ive just brewed a Belgian Ale and have shit loads of it. And I was really looking forward to WR Dark Ale.

Bloody reps.

madpierre06 said:
Bloody anApple gear, have been using an old HTC usb charger plug along with a generic lead to charge my iphone5 and lately there's been a message coming up on the screen saying this accessory is not supported and may not work correctly. It then stops charging. I don't know if these shifty bastards have snuck a ninja update through or not, but I'm not happy about it. Startyed happening completely out of the blue.
Apple charge to give apple accreditation to accessories so I'm not surprised they have found a way to detect non accredited accessories

First world problems hey Truman. I do know a bloke who'd happily take the WR belgian off your hands if you need to find it a home...

Truman said:
Bloody reps in our company organise carton jobs for their good customers. So they get a machine for the weekend and we get 3 cartons out of it. We have one rep who doesnt bother asking us what we want and the customer rocks up with 3 cartons of VB MB or Crownies. Im the only one here who drinks beer and I wont drink any of that shit. (We no longer do carton jobs for this rep.)

The other reps ask us what we want so its usually a carton of Jonnie a carton of beam and a carton of beer. I always give the rep a choice of 3 beers that are all available from Dans. Todays choice was White Rabbit Dark ale. The customer rocks up with White Rabbit Belgian Ale. Happens everytime. Dans doesnt have what I want so they just ask for whatever White Rabbit they have or whatever instead of going with option 2 or 3.

Dont these people understand the tastes of a craft beer drinker? Now dont get me wrong I dont mind WR Belgian Ale except Ive just brewed a Belgian Ale and have shit loads of it. And I was really looking forward to WR Dark Ale.

Bloody reps.
A bloke i know was a ganger in the railways,a coke rep approached them about some railway sleepers,agreed that 6 sleepers would cost him a slab ( carton).
The boys loaded the 6 sleepers into the coke truck and the rep telling them the slab was back at the camp waiting for them and pissed off.
Betcha can't guess what the "slab" was.
Bloody reps.

peas_and_corn said:
Apple charge to give apple accreditation to accessories so I'm not surprised they have found a way to detect non accredited accessories
yeah they actually have an authentication chip in the legit cables. Such bastardry.

my experience is that they work for a wile and then crap out. been through a couple which were bought from news agents, ended up forking out for an apple branded one.

The missus buys all those cheapo Chinese Apple cables from ebay then wonders why her iphone and ipad stop charging. Will she ever learn? I must admit though the longer ones can be handy. Its a pity Apple dont make a longer version.

And you think with coloured iphones they would also make a range of coloured cables. And a dual wall plug with a 12 w socket for the Ipad and a 5w socket for the Iphone. I have a cig lighter style dual plug like that in my car. Its perfect for when we go away on long trips.

Get the Hama cable. Comes in black, way sturdier than the apple one and it has the chip/whatever. Prolly cost ~18 bux on eBay. Mine is about 1.2m long.

Found out today we're firming as favorites to host family chrissy party, and it's going to be early. 13th of December. Emergency brew day tomorrow!

Heard another talking head on the radio this morning warn of the hazards and possible long term implications associated with buying gender specific toys for children this Christmas. Apparently buying your son a Tonka Truck may lead to spousal abuse somewhere down the line. Guess my daughter will grow up to bash her husband at some stage as she enjoys his toys as much as those sexist dolls we got her.

Lucky I got them both toy guns this year I guess.

Dave70 said:
Heard another talking head on the radio this morning warn of the hazards and possible long term implications associated with buying gender specific toys for children this Christmas. Apparently buying your son a Tonka Truck may lead to spousal abuse somewhere down the line. Guess my daughter will grow up to bash her husband at some stage as she enjoys his toys as much as those sexist dolls we got her.

What a load of crap.
Not you Dave, the report.

CF

CrookedFingers said:
What a load of crap.
Not you Dave, the report.
CF
Have to agree,people who claim such things need a ****'n good kick up the arse.

Wife volunteered us to host her family's 12 meatless dishes Ukrainian catholic xmas eve bullshit. I'm Ukrainian too but my family never did that particular thing.

So xmas eve my house will be filled mostly with people I hate who will be bitching about everything.

I'll be drunk. And I'll be sure to BBQ a steak earlier in the day.

Dave70 said:

From my very limited experience and reading, gender stereotyping in kids might be seen as a problem and there’s certainly cases of kids being bullied because they don’t conform to a gender stereotype. But unfortunately kids can get bullied for anything that’s different.

Anyhow, even if it is an issue, blaming the toy manufacturers and toy stores is just more hogwash. If I seriously thought that my son was going to grow up into a misogynistic jerk, I’d do something about it, and it wouldn’t be buying him a pink tu tu.

Fairly typical though. Here’s a problem. Who’s to blame?.

Dave70 said:
Guess my daughter will grow up to bash her husband at some stage as she enjoys his toys as much as those sexist dolls we got her.

hehe that's it. Young kids generally don't discriminate between his & her toys, they just play with whatever they bloody like.

Blind Dog said:
From my very limited experience and reading, gender stereotyping in kids might be seen as a problem and there’s certainly cases of kids being bullied because they don’t conform to a gender stereotype. But unfortunately kids can get bullied for anything that’s different.

Anyhow, even if it is an issue, blaming the toy manufacturers and toy stores is just more hogwash. If I seriously thought that my son was going to grow up into a misogynistic jerk, I’d do something about it, and it wouldn’t be buying him a pink tu tu.

Fairly typical though. Here’s a problem. Who’s to blame?.
Um parents?? How about they teach their kids not to hit others and treat people with respect.

Latest posts

Back