Consistently High FG

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'll put it through tomorrow morning and report back.. I don't think it should be that high and the amount of LDME isn't that high IMO.

There is 1kg of BE 2 in the mix as well as the 1kg LDM. I wouldn't expect the FG to get terribly low, the estimates sound pretty right to me.

Ok forgot to put it through got to work late... fucken Mondayitis!
Anyways I want to get a brew sorted to lay down on the weekend so will try tomorrow morning!

warra48 said:
Just to put another spin on why the OP has an apparent high FG is to look at the recipe makeup, with all of this in a 23 litre brew, and only a single pack of dry yeast:

1. Coopers Pale Ale
2. Brew Enhancer 2
3. 1kg Light Dry Malt Extract

It'll bet it will never go lower than the 1.017 calculated by some others on here. The culprit is probably the amount of LDME.

I'd suggest putting the ingredients through a reliable brewing software program to obtain a predicted OG, then calculate say 75% apparent attenuation to give a suggested FG. I'd be very surprised if it will be less than 1.017.
(I'm not doing it, because my settings on BS2 are for AG, but someone else may volunteer).

Look at rejigging the recipe if I'm correct.
You are on the money.
By ianh's spreadsheet it's coming out at 1.016 with 75% attenuation.

1458007954869.jpg

Back