Comercial tasting and Brewery visit

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
OK... Sunday 26th.

From that list, I think Dark Euro Lagers would be interesting.
not that much of a sour fan, although I know Yogi is

Also happy to host.

Sounds good. So does that mean we all need to bring a different exaple of a dark lager and then something else?

Thats the general idea.
If we decide on the Dark Euro Lager that is... you happy with it? or would you like to put a vote in for something else?

No i am good with that. I will bring some extras that i have in the fridge. I have from holegate hop tart, road trip IPA or norton lager and from hargraves hill heff and golden ale. Not really to the styles but might be good to sample.

We still all keen for this?

endisneigh, you still keen to host?
Im quite happy to (easier to stumble home)

I suppose i had better go and get a couple of beers on Saturday.

Ill grab the snags if someone can grab the rolls and anything else required

attending... possibley:

n87 +1
endisneigh
Peter80

I talked to Yogi, and i believe his response was 'Shit, how did i miss that?'
im not sure if he will be able to get there.

I'm still game! Also need to grab a few beers. I'll see if I can rustle up some new guys - they're out there, lurking...

I can not push back a week, but i can always make another meeting if it suits better.

If not moving the date i will bring the rolls.

If everyone is still keen, may as well keep to schedule, otherwise it's never going to happen :)

Hope we are still going for dark larger. Unable to get Euro versions as i am a long way from a bottlo and this is all i could find. Hopefully still close to style and they get here in time.

Inappropriate Touching 6.5% by Hawkers / Edge / Kaiju! / Evil Twin / Baird
Darlo Dark 4.9% Sydney Brewery

Its a 'style' not a literal rule
A European dark lager (style) is not necessary a dark lager from europe

BJCP guidelines here: http://www.bjcp.org/docs/2015_Guidelines_Beer.pdf
list schwartzbeir and munich dunkel.

There are plenty of these styles done by local breweries.
I know Montheths do a 'Black Beer' (schwartzbeir)

We are!!

Good work - I've just been out to Dan's and picked up three different european dark lagers... one (czech?) schwartzbier (that we can compare with the one I have on tap), a Kozel dark, and a Weihenstephan Tradition Bayrisch Dunkel.

To confirm details:

This Sunday (26/6) from 2-5pm
I'll host, you did the honours last time endisneigh.

Numbers
n87+1 (possibly another potential brewer coming along)
endisneigh
Peter80

I am checking with Yogi now...

I'm a lurker, but dates unfortunately don't match up with my free time at the moment.

Still have a gift from edisnigh, still haven't turned that esky into a jockey box.

I'm keen to taste beers that will be entered into the state comp in August, perhaps a meet around that time if anyone else is entering beers?

I think an early August meet would be good
Wifey is due to bust start of September, so I think I will need to be (relatively) dry around that time

Had a good time, some wonderful beers... and some infected ones :blink:

Inappropriate touching was well recieved

I think the Inappropriate Touching Schwartzbeir and King Goblin were the stand outs for me.
The Kostritzer Schwartzbeir was quite disappointing, and not what I remembered it to be.
Thanks Peter for bringing such a selection

I will create a new thread for the August meet :)

yup, it was a good session - I enjoyed the sours, especially the Sierra Nevada Cactus/grapefruit one, although I think I was alone there. Is that what you meant by infected? :)

The Kostritzer was almost at its "best by" date, and a year in the bottle, so not exactly fresh.

Other good beers were the Kozel, the Weihenstephan Tradition Bayrisch Dunkel - as far as dark lagers go anyway.....

Latest posts

Back