Collaberation Brewing

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My homebrew group has held several collaborative brews.

We've done single vessel concentrated wort diluted out to 4 beers twice that have come out awesome. We each used a different yeast and fermentation methods, quite a bit of differences.

We did the big brew day where each of us did a different recipe from the suggested ones.

We just did a "collaborative mash" where we mixed our worts from two tuns and ended up with 5 beers.

http://media.libsyn.com/media/basicbrewing...09wildparti.mp3

It's always fun brewing in a group or with a buddy and I think you learn more usually too.

Glad to hear in the spirit of collaboration, my non-collaboration had a successful result, just imagine how good (or terrible!!! :eek: )the beer woud have been i had attended! (You probably would never have bothered to brew it again!!!) :p

Cheers SJ

Collaboration was brilliant - right up to the actual brew day mate :rolleyes:

I have the third iteration of Galaxy Amber Ale due to hit a keg in the next few days, so I will bring some to the next MB's meeting, assuming you manage to drag your arse there :ph34r:

Yes, yes, will be there, i know i have been slack!!! (how many excuses do you want me to list? :p )

Cheers SJ

Pumpy,

Its always a pleasure brewing with you mate and I urge others to collaborate with there fellow brewers.
The knowledge,Process and hands on approach of Mashing that I have learned from Pumpy is truly invaluable, and at the end of the day its so rewarding to see that sweet wort that has been created.

I must say I definitely get a kick out of making beer and drinking the beers that we have designed or trying to clone, who will ever forget that saison I found at the back of the cupboard after 2 years.

Here's to more collaborative brews :beerbang:

Franko :icon_cheers:

Maple and me have done 1 real collaborative brew. we bounce/share recipe ideas of each other but have done an old bruin collobrative batch together. double batch split and femented with differnt base yeats then with roselare. Ive left my like that but Dave has added oak chips soaked in scotch. so it works out well.

im pretty sure we'll do a collaborative batch soon with Citra hop. i recon some dark collaboratives might be on card with winter approaching.

im pretty sure we'll do a collaborative batch soon with Citra hop. i recon some dark collaboratives might be on card with winter approaching.

Interested in a 3 way US Barleywine Fellas!?!?!

Behold 3 mashtuns! :beerbang:

Could be interesting, 3 full volume batches of barleywine and a partigyle maybe?!
now your talking. depending on when/if this occurs, im happy to host (pending SWMBO's approval)

Pumpy,

Its always a pleasure brewing with you mate and I urge others to collaborate with there fellow brewers.
The knowledge,Process and hands on approach of Mashing that I have learned from Pumpy is truly invaluable, and at the end of the day its so rewarding to see that sweet wort that has been created.

I must say I definitely get a kick out of making beer and drinking the beers that we have designed or trying to clone, who will ever forget that saison I found at the back of the cupboard after 2 years.

Here's to more collaborative brews :beerbang:

Franko :icon_cheers:

Franko , Thanks mate ,I would still be on the English ales if it was not you and the Amarillo Punch .

Yes the Saison was a classic after you done what Saison Dupont do and that was stick it in a bottle to dry out, otherwise it would not have been the Sensational spritzy beer you made it .

Collaborative brewing team effort Franko.

Pumpy ;)

If you do go ahead with the collab brew in Melbourne and would like to share your knowledge with an all grain novice, I would love to come and watch. Bring a few beers around and see your process.. Up to you if you go ahead. Cheers! :D

If you do go ahead with the collab brew in Melbourne and would like to share your knowledge with an all grain novice, I would love to come and watch. Bring a few beers around and see your process.. Up to you if you go ahead. Cheers!

We will keep that in mind! It always helps to have a brew wench around so we can kick back and enjoy the fruits of our past labours! :lol:

I think the official job title is mash tun bitch - isn't it? :ph34r:

Tis true! Now we just need to lobby Beersmith to change to the 'Assistant Brewer' field and make it official!

Cheers SJ

mash tun bitch is once you graduate from beer bitch...

no-one is EVER too inexpereinced to clean my mash tun Maple...

I am up for coming along and brewing - if we can make it work, or else happy enough to just watch and offer sage advice :ph34r:

no-one is EVER too inexpereinced to clean my mash tun Maple...

I am up for coming along and brewing - if we can make it work, or else happy enough to just watch and offer sage advice :ph34r:
Don't see why we couldn't do a double-double collab brew and get you in on it - 4 tuns 4 kettles, 2 of each

Latest posts

Back