Collaberation Brewing

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pumpy

Pumpy's Brewery.
Reaction score
I have been doing some collaberation brewing with Franko he offers a creativeness that I am a bit lacking and comes up with some cool recipes and ideas he wants to come up with .

I have been really happy with the results so far .

Do you do collaberation brews and are they sucessfull ?

Pumpy :)

I started out doing AG's at home, and at fellow brewers. When making a brew at fellow brewers it is usually a double batch as such we split the wort produced.

We certainly bounce ideas off each other, and I end up brewing and trying different styles that I would normally brew.

Mostly successful thus far, also made a Kolsch, an RIS, and an Alt, all of which I probably wouldn't have gotten to within the next years brewing otherwise.

Also have plans to do mini-batches and split them with fellow brewers to expand my understanding of more beer types. :)

I started out doing AG's at home, and at fellow brewers. When making a brew at fellow brewers it is usually a double batch as such we split the wort produced.

We certainly bounce ideas off each other, and I end up brewing and trying different styles that I would normally brew.

Mostly successful thus far, also made a Kolsch, an RIS, and an Alt, all of which I probably wouldn't have gotten to within the next years brewing otherwise.

Also have plans to do mini-batches and split them with fellow brewers to expand my understanding of more beer types. :)

Awesome Raven sounds the same as me.sometimes collaberation brewing comes up with ideas that you woud ever think of but glad you brewed it when it all works out .

I guess you can call this collaberation....? :blink: My first ever AG I was been shown the ropes by someone who's name I'll not mention, said I'll be the Grand Masters appentice :huh: what I got out of it was, to see how easy AG is to do and 20 litres of infected tripel.

I'd actually be really keen to explore some new ways of possibly collaborating - I guess in the days of AHB we are always already collaborating and feeding ideas back to each other - but you'd think with all the web2.0 sh** that pervades our lives we could work out a new way of working on batches together.

Sour beers or barrel aged beers are something I'd be keen to collaborate on - over at the mad fermentationist there are some great sour beer collaborations happening.

I'd actually be really keen to explore some new ways of possibly collaborating - I guess in the days of AHB we are always already collaborating and feeding ideas back to each other - but you'd think with all the web2.0 sh** that pervades our lives we could work out a new way of working on batches together.

Sour beers or barrel aged beers are something I'd be keen to collaborate on - over at the mad fermentationist there are some great sour beer collaborations happening.

Great link JA my next passion is definately Flanders Red just awaiting the yeast to arrive.

A real collaberatiom brew speciailly as the time taken is so long

I guess you can call this collaberation....? :blink: My first ever AG I was been shown the ropes by someone who's name I'll not mention, said I'll be the Grand Masters appentice :huh: what I got out of it was, to see how easy AG is to do and 20 litres of infected tripel.

Woh how do y ou get an infection !!!!

The other added bonus I forgot to mention is that with a fellow brewer it makes the day go by mighty quick as you get to talk about brewing all day too!

A great added bonus to collaboration imho.

Anyone wanna collaborate with me on bottling day?

I know that this isn't exactly what Pumpy is getting at but there wouldn't be a brew I put down that isn't influenced in some way by the input of others. Not always direct input of course but with every brew I try something new to me and it is always inspired by someone else (usually from here).

Woh how do y ou get an infection !!!!
Not sure but Mine and the Masters where both infected, so I'd put it down to low satintisation ethic and/or dodgey supplied yeast....

Not sure but Mine and the Masters where both infected, so I'd put it down to low satintisation ethic and/or dodgey supplied yeast....

Your Master wasn't Jazman by any chance was it...?????? :blink:

i regularly brew with others, it gets me out of getting in trouble till we are done and by then i really couldnt give a shit. actually the week before i went back to work i had 4 brew days with one every second day it was great. the wife didnt like it though.

I have been learning about Partials and All Grain Brewing with ShawnH ... Not sure if this is considered collaboration but a great way to be introduced to brewing without a Can from Woolies ....

I have been challenging him to try new beers and have come up with a couple including one which was based off a White Rabbit Dark ale clone recipe which turned out very well indeed if I say so myself..

I am still getting all my brewery stuff together but intend on getting my first solo brew down in the very near future ... Just can not decide what to do.

I always learn something from other brewers !!!

HAHAHAHA

i regularly brew with others, it gets me out of getting in trouble till we are done and by then i really couldnt give a shit. actually the week before i went back to work i had 4 brew days with one every second day it was great. the wife didnt like it though.

Barls ,

It is good to have two people on brew day to watch the boil , help with the cleaning , check the hop additions , so long as it turn into a drink fest .

I always give SWMBO a day when I plan to mash so she has not planned anything else .

It works for me she is not a great fan of my brewing but I just say well I could take up golf as a hobby .
She recently said 'It may be cheaper if you do' .

I dont think there is much saving on brewing your own when you make so much beer and I make Hoppy beers .

Regularly brew with a mate, back in the K&K days we started together and slowly tweaked each brew until the slippery slope of AG hit!!!

So now we probably brew together every second batch (when he's empty), works well, some to talk beers to, play xbox etc, plus he does most of the cleaning!

Cheers SJ

Regularly brew with a mate, back in the K&K days we started together and slowly tweaked each brew until the slippery slope of AG hit!!!

So now we probably brew together every second batch (when he's empty), works well, some to talk beers to, play xbox etc, plus he does most of the cleaning!

Cheers SJ

I know when Franko has left after mash day and I look at the brewery, everything has been scrubbed and rinsed clean , sign of a person who has brewed a lot I reckon.

Cheers SJ

SJ and I collaborated on two brews as part of ABBD last year. Unfortunately he missed out on the actual brew day but the end result was that I ended up with a new house beer recipe (albeit with a few minor tweaks) that has spent little time out of rotation.

Brendo

SJ and I collaborated on two brews as part of ABBD last year. Unfortunately he missed out on the actual brew day but the end result was that I ended up with a new house beer recipe (albeit with a few minor tweaks) that has spent little time out of rotation.

Brendo

Glad to hear in the spirit of collaboration, my non-collaboration had a successful result, just imagine how good (or terrible!!! :eek: )the beer woud have been i had attended! (You probably would never have bothered to brew it again!!!) :p

Cheers SJ

Latest posts

Back