Coles Brand Beer

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
:icon_vomit: Even the look of the bottle makes it look like sh!t.

QldKev

I love the Coles spokesman saying their product will be 'significantly different' from the competition.

Yeah. I'm sure there are any number of variations on the theme of over-chilled, over-carbonated, mildly alcoholic, flavourless beer-like liquid.

Serves Fosters right for calling their shitty Lager a Blonde in the first place, and making idiots in Australia equate a 'blonde' beer as being a 'low carb' beer.

Oh, I'm so excited my nipples are itching. :icon_chickcheers:

What makes me wet my pants laughing is that so many trendy funsters with their sunglasses on their heads drink this stuff (Carlton Blonde) thinking it is the 'now' beer.

If they spoke to the Brewery or did a tour at Fosters they would learn that it is in fact derived from the 'Diet Ale' recipe their grandpappies drank. With not much difference.

Freakin' morons! :rolleyes:

As for Coles Branded beers? Remember Hammer & Tongs? The Liquorland private label beer? That stuff was vomit in a bottle. I suspect this new Maxx stuff could become it's close cousin. These guys don't have a great track record when it comes to quality brewing.

Hopper.

My non-beer-snob friends are drinking that horrible new XXXX shit and that horrible new low carb VB.

It seems whenever a new low carb beer comes out they're all over it. They're not even concerned about diet or anything, I think it's just that it isn't as bloating or whatever.

I'll drink Super Dry every now and then though. Fairly inoffensive.

Where is it being made???

We know Woolies will have their brands done at Gage Roads, do we know where these are getting made????

As for Coles Branded beers? Remember Hammer & Tongs? The Liquorland private label beer? That stuff was vomit in a bottle. I suspect this new Maxx stuff could become it's close cousin. These guys don't have a great track record when it comes to quality brewing.

Hopper.

Hammer & Tongs was brewed by Boags. Obviously under contract to make cheap lager. It wasn't too bad, actually, just low hop, low malt, high adjunct, 4.2 or something percent alc. Not vomit or faulty just bland and light. (for the record, I only bought one bottle of it, just to see, it's not my preferred beer). For the mass market, it was cheap and beer-like.

Being beer snobs, it's easy to ridicule the tastes of the masses, but they are the tastes of the masses.

I can see it now on the shelves; "You'll Love Coles Beer". And like the rest of the YLC range, you'll have a picture of a random person person chugging down one of the beers on the packaging.

I'm sure the "Woolworths Select Beer" won't be far behind.

"I love a beer with the boys"

Kevin, Bogan................

Can't be worse than the one for Hoikken noodles...

"I always have a pack in the fridge"
Nancy, noodle fan.....

The wife and I laugh at that everytime we buy them.

"I love a beer with the boys"

Kevin, Bogan................

Can't be worse than the one for Hoikken noodles...

"I always have a pack in the fridge"
Nancy, noodle fan.....

The wife and I laugh at that everytime we buy them.

Bugger ya, you beat me to it...haha :D

"Great for getting shitfaced"
Bazza, 4th generation Rooty Hill royalty....

dam you pollux. i've just hit my computer screen for not the first time whilst reading one of your posts to swat your profile picture.

Was in the bottlo down the road from the motel when I flew into Rocky on Sunday. Whilst doing my usual stare at the fridge for 5 min and being impressed by the fact they had O'briens Pale, I was greeted by the lovely sales girl telling me they had a new beer and it was low carb ......blah blah. I politely said no thanks I prefer a beer with flavor...oh no this beer is full flavour sir you couldn't tell the difference between this and the naked Blonde I actually like the maxxblonde and I'm not a beer drinker. No thanks, whats this o'briens gluten free beer all about the I ask.......I dont know but we havn't sold much. You should really try the Maxx sir....no thanks. oh you have little creatures pale ale thats a nice beer isnt it......
She looked rather annoyed as I walked out with the LCPA and a three pack of coopers tallies.

I feel for you Brad, whenever I've been in Rocky I have blurred out the experience by getting pissed, the place is definitely the Australian equivalent of Stoke on Trent or Swindon, with the odd palm tree.

rocky.JPG

I'm sure you will enjoy the ales. Personally I'd go for a couple of bottles of port if stranded in Rocky :icon_drunk: :icon_drunk: :icon_drunk:

BAAAH! NO! No pictures of that foul pit of scum. Port is not strong enough for that place. Raw vodka, possibly.

I was in Liquorland today looking to grab some LCPA (I dunno why I keep listening to you guys. I try it, think it is garbage, see you all raving about it and try it again. Guess what? Still garbage. You guys must have your tastebuds in your arseholes.) only to find an entire fridge worth of stock obscured by a huge sticker ad for this beer. What is behind there? Who knows? Stupid idea. As is the beer - surely the market is beyond saturation with these new, yet eerily familar, beers.

Back