Help Support Aussie Homebrewer by donating:

1. We have implemented the ability to gift someone a Supporting Membership now! When you access the Upgrade page there is now a 'Gift' button. Once you click that you can enter a username to gift an account Upgrade to. Great way to help support this forum plus give some kudos to anyone who has helped you.
    Dismiss Notice

CO2 Regulator Problem

Discussion in 'Gear and Equipment' started by Black n Tan, 5/8/13.

1. Black n Tan

Posted 5/8/13
    I have a keg king C02 regulator and the pressure adjustment nut has been difficult to turn so I sprayed the thread with a little silicone spray a week or so ago. I typically have this reg set at 275kPa as I use it to express force carb. Yesterday I heard some hissing when the ball valve was in the off position: gas was been released through the safety valve and the gauge read about 550kPa. I tried to turn down the gas pressure and pulled the safety valve but the pressure climbed back to where it was before. I then connected it to a keg and the pressure dropped and the gas stopped escaping from the safety valve. The lowest i could get it to was 400kPa. So my question is could the silicon spray have wrecked my reg? Is it salvageable? Should I try to pull it apart? Sorry if my naming of the reg parts is off. I appreciate any help that can be given.

2. Black n Tan

Posted 5/8/13
    Anyone had this problem or know how to fix it?