Co2 Regulator Emptyed My Bottle

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

churchy

Reaction score
Hi guys I went away for a holiday only to come home and find my co2 bottle empty.So I bought a refill today and conected it up and turned on the valve and I hear a strange noise from the reg.The bottle pressure guage was getting cold which is was strange so in my wisdom I decided to spray detergent over it to find a leak.I spayed too much and dripped the water all over my temp controller which is sitting on the ground and next thing "bang" up it went in smoke.So now it looks like I need a new tempmate and a guage (which is only a few months old) plus the refill today, waht a expensive hobby!!!!!!!!!

Andrew

Oh man that is a bummer :(

So did you find if your guage was leaking? If so, why do you need a new one? Isn't it something that can be fixed with some thread tape or some sealant?

- Snow

Well Churchy I was under the impression that some of the regs can be rebuilt via a kit. I know MicroMatic have the gear to rebuild. http://www.micromatic.com/part-pid-1302515E.html May not suit your particular reg but this is the reason I went MircoMatic in the first place. Anyway I would check out the manufacturer and see if you can get parts first as it will be cheaper and is pretty simple affair.

As for the TempMate that's a bummer.

Chap Chap

I'll plug in the tempmate again after leaving it in the sun for a while, as for the guage I bought it off ebay and the guy selling them is no longer on there.I might have to get a replacement from some where.

I have seen cheap guages fail internally and leak before. Its usually an internal seal that goes..... thread tape wont fix it.

Find a local distributor for SMC Pneumatic equipment. They will help you out with a good quality guage.

cheers

I saw my good mate Neville and he gave me a replacement gauge to borrow.It looks like there could be a hole in the solder where the small coiled pipe workes to spin the needle to the correct pressure.Plus I plugged in my tempmate and works ok, so all is good in the end.Now to enjoy a cold beer.

Andrew

... looks like there could be a hole in the solder where the small coiled pipe workes to spin the needle to the correct pressure...

This happened to my cheapo regulator the other day, I fired up my soldering iron and fixed it in a couple of minutes and it's been fine since.

Latest posts

Back