? Co2 Flow Rate Lpm @ 200kpa

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FNQ Bunyip

Non Pro Member
Reaction score
Hi folks , Does anybody have a flow rate indicator after their normal pressure regulator ?? I want too get an idea of how long I need too keep the gas on too fill a 540lt deep frezer with CO2 .. I have it set up with a hose too the bottom and a T piece so it fills from the bottom. Its not restricted as such just open ends of 6mm gas line...

Cheers Bunyip

Well... just threw it into a few formulae and get around 5.4L/s, so 100 seconds is 540L. However, you're gonna have to push out all the air somehow. If you filled from the bottom and vented at the top, the air would get pushed out by buoyancy, however you'll have to drop the pressure and increase the time. or you'll create turbulence in your chesty.

Probably around 50kPa (dispensing into the bottom of the chesty, venting at the top) for 5 minutes would do the trick.

Who you intending to gas Ned :unsure:

Cheers Ross

Thanks Adam,,

A few pestky critters I have visiting ATM Ross .. ;)

Cheers

As adam said . nice and slow

But PLEASE have at least 1 stand-by person "near" the area at all times watching you

also place a budgy on the ground around your feet as well. or better yet get a gas monitor

Filling a confined space with CO2 no mater how slow you do it has to be one of the most seriously dangerous things i could think of without gas detection monitor

Tom

Edit ..c ant speel today :p

Thanks Troopa , I've done confined space welding in a past life .. All good ..

It's Weevil control , I've done a fermenter full of grain once befor and it seemed too work . I now have my grain stored in the said 540lt frezzer...

Cheers

Anyone who stores grain will get Weevils and Mealy Moth at some stage, I have had them delivered with the grain often enough.
There are products specifically manufactured for control of pests in stored grain, the one I use is Gastion. All the technical palaver.

View attachment 25784

BE WARNED
This is an industrial product, if you use it wrong it can kill you

But its hell on wheals when it comes to killing bugs.

MHB

Thanks Ross and Mark , Retailers still hard at the help desk on a sunday arvo ... I'll toast you both " Cheers"

Back